Thread: Tributary Series Rafts

Default Tributary Series Rafts

I'm looking at purchasing a round boat for fishing and hunting. Anyone have any experience with the tributary series rafts? I am looking at the 14' self bailer. I talked to Moose and he gave it a good review.

I have a friend that has a 14' self bailing Tributary. It works fine and seems tough enough. I believe it lacks a couple D rings compared to my Aire 14' self bailer, and this causes more sag in the chicken rope that circles the boat. You can always add more D rings though. It looks to me the main difference in them is the place of manufacture, but there might be a difference in material weight as well. I think my Aire is also wider, but it's not a large difference.

Yepper Jim little lighter on the material little less on the bladder as well. Suprising tuff boat for the value, made overseas as well. I have had several in the rental pool over the past couple of years and they have all held up extremely well. Fold tighter than the AIRE and of course they are not an AIRE but they track to expectations and have been maintenance free for me. I know bad word play sorry. I purchased a fleet of Maxxons this year, run the Alaska series boats for some time as well as the Star boats and of course NRS and AIRE the trib is a good value (just saying) for the money. Hopefully some additional people will chime in as well.

Respectfully

Richard "Moose" Mousseau

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I did quite a bit of research and the only negative comments I could find were about the warranty and the fact that it's made outside the U.S. I almost bought one, but I found a really good deal on an aire.

The 14' Self-Bailing Tributary made in China is a pretty good raft overall... reasonable cost, quality, & detail in running with mid-tier rafts like NRS Otter made in Mexico. Both the Tib S/B and Otter boats are without question better construction and materials (overall nicer, more reliable rafts) than Unisol fabrications of South Korea cloning.

Tribs unfortunately are made in China... That part sucks!!! However, the quality control by parent company AIRE is quite respectable. I get 'em for $2,300 then add about 25 percent and sell for under $3000 (again reasonable) USA made AIRE 143 R/E/D or SOTAR SP/ST/SL will easily run over 1k more. A good way to look at it is --- NO, they are neither SOTAR nor AIRE... lacking hard core constructions, minus applicable hardware, while still filling a mid-tier boater's mindset and investment.

They are quite heavy and do not pack up very small for a 14' Self-Bailer. Consider warranty reading as good as most.

Air retention is excellent! Outer skin is a little soft.

Here in Alaska - someone would mainly use this boat as a fishing raft, yet it will provide more when called upon to perform. One satisfactory standpoint if purchasing a mid-tier raft is to afford the framework, oars, and a flight out to the bush.

Before you run out a buy something... I highly suggest to go see Moose (looks like you are in North Pole). Rent some rafts and head up toward Chena Hot Springs for a day float. I also recommend talking with other rafters or raft companies... get familiar with why certain boats are chosen over others for all the various reasoning.

Thanks everyone. I have been dealing with Moose on this purchase and the 14' trib is on its way up. Seems like the most raft I can get on my budget and still be able to afford a decent frame. Moose gave me a real good deal on it as well.

Just picked up the raft from Moose today. Taking it out on the chena tomorrow for its maiden voyage. Will christen it "The Panty Dropper" despite the wife's protests.

The "Panty Dropper" on the upper Chena. Frame on loan from Blue Moose. Panties were dropped, but only because my wife got wet from the rain and had to change.

Attachment 38322Attachment 38323

woodman, I can't get your attachments to work.

i have the 9.5 and floated some pretty skinny rocky stuff this summer with great results, i was impressed with how the raft holds up to rocks...being a newbie to rafting i hit quiet a few...lol. alaso amazed at the self bailer concept..really cool. and very usefull when my raft was loaded with three people and our gear on some sweet little drops...fun stuff.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212