Thread: Neil Lake? (upper Deshka)

Default Neil Lake? (upper Deshka)

Grandpa has a float plane and offered to take us up there tomorrow. I've never been and he said he hasn't been there for 10 years or more.

Anyone know how the fishing is up there??
    Thank God for people who don't fish!! Not much would get done without them =)

I would go, I have floated down to Neil lake many times it is well worth it! But are you floating or just walking down from the lake and fishing? With all the rain the fish should have moved up pretty fast this year.

Wow I floated to Neil lake when I was 15. got weather in and the folks I was with new the guy (Tagi tagy) something along those lines. We stayed at the cabin there. There was so much cool stuff in there. Field and streams from the 40's. Old magazines all over, books just an amazing place. The I flew out with Oren Hudson out of Merrill field in his orange widgon. Spent 10 days on the river and 4 at the cabin. 1980 or 81. That memory still sticks in my mind.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I haven't been there since the late 90's. Last time I went the King run tanked that year and I haven't been back since. Bt we used to float down from the hwy on Kroto, it was always a good trip great rainbow fishing up there.