Thread: Kenai Reds

Default Kenai Reds

Cut out of work early yesterday to get a little fishing in. Left Anchorage around 1:00PM and made it to the middle about 3:00PM or so. Got to a honey hole and started fishing, looking to fill the freezer a little more. Fishing was steady, and hot at some moments. Three and half hours later we had our 12 fish on the bank, which made the suicide run completely worth it. Oh and the fish were pretty freakin massive. After a few stops, we made it back to anchor town around 11:00. Filleted the fish out, and made it to work this morning. I'm tired and ready for the weekend to be here....

Fish On!

P8043069.jpgP8043071.jpg
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Nice reds
    Nice honey hole.
    Above or below Skilak?

hey, by chance did you see a blue cooler float by?
    There's a thread about it in the Fly Fishing board...but long story short, we capsized yesterday just after schooner's bend. Once we were all safe and sound, we were laughing, wondering where our coolers ended up as we watched them float away down the river.

That is a nice bounty of fish, there, by the way.
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

nice one bc....a heckuva lot better then we did on sunday shew! tons of boats...saw fish moving couldnt manage but one...yup ONE fish LOL! Pretty lousy. Finally got to float it though, was a fun bear infested trip. Got some good pics atleast and watched the troopers nail some kids that were chasn bows.....not sure what for we were out in the middle of the river screwn off as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbuddy View Post
    Nice reds
    Nice honey hole.
    Above or below Skilak?
    We were below, wanted to avoid the masses in the upper.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFishinGirl View Post
    hey, by chance did you see a blue cooler float by?
    There's a thread about it in the Fly Fishing board...but long story short, we capsized yesterday just after schooner's bend. Once we were all safe and sound, we were laughing, wondering where our coolers ended up as we watched them float away down the river.

That is a nice bounty of fish, there, by the way.
    I just read the thread, sorry to hear that. I didn't see anyone stuff floating by, just the occasional log.

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    nice one bc....a heckuva lot better then we did on sunday shew! tons of boats...saw fish moving couldnt manage but one...yup ONE fish LOL! Pretty lousy. Finally got to float it though, was a fun bear infested trip. Got some good pics atleast and watched the troopers nail some kids that were chasn bows.....not sure what for we were out in the middle of the river screwn off as usual.
    Brutal Man! I forgot to mention in my post about the rain blast we had. 5 minutes of intense "Fairbanks Type" rain created a mini mudslide behind where we were fishing. I was moving out of the way when a football sized rock came rumbling down into the water. It would've hurt for sure, glad I avoided that disaster.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Awesome suicide run! That was a quick freezer filler!! As always with great pics. Thanks for sharing. As for now, I got the smoker cleaned and ready for a bunch of filets. Just waiting on the pellicle before sliding the racks in! Again, Kudos to a great trip and awesome pics and story!!

Nice haul, good to see that someone is getting into them!
    Fish when you can, work when you have to.