Thread: Quartz creek? (COOPER LANDING)

Default Quartz creek? (COOPER LANDING)

OK im going to try this again and hopefully it doesn't start some stupid argument!

So if anyones been threw and would like to share what they have discovered, that would be awesome. Have the reds moved up into the creek, is it still flooded? Who wants to go fishing? i may try it this next weekend.

maybe you should go fishing and find out

still looked really high yesterday
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great White Hunter View Post
    OK im going to try this again and hopefully it doesn't start some stupid argument!

So if anyones been threw and would like to share what they have discovered, that would be awesome. Have the reds moved up into the creek, is it still flooded? Who wants to go fishing? i may try it this next weekend.
    That's pretty far from the Salt....

Quartz has been flooded for the last 5 weeks at least. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    As of last week Thursday, high noon, still no reds in it.

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    That's pretty far from the Salt....

Quartz has been flooded for the last 5 weeks at least. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    As of last week Thursday, high noon, still no reds in it.
    Very very true. Alot of clearwater streams are blown up right now. Egg drop will be coming and if the water drops fishing will be **** hot. It still could be a week off depending on the water. Even if it is high and clears up and the reds are there. Chase them fish

Then again if you want to be alone and fish "your way" keep it a secret
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

what a secret?????? wait were is this place you speak of, that has reds in it????????? Quartz Creek you say? In coopers landing?????? where is that? I have never heard of it!!!!!!! Or any one else in the state please tell us were it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    what a secret?????? wait were is this place you speak of, that has reds in it????????? Quartz Creek you say? In coopers landing?????? where is that? I have never heard of it!!!!!!! Or any one else in the state please tell us were it is.
    Stop instigating. The guy asked that it not turn into what the last one did. He's looking for reports. GWH, I was down that way on Wed, water was still very high. We did not stop and fish it though.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Monday 8/2 - water was high, but clear. Reds very present.
    Wednesday 8/4 - water higher & getting dirty, lots of reds, lots of dollies.
    I was camped at Quartz Ck Campground, Monday through thursday am. It rained most of Wednesday night & the upper creek was high, but still partly clear. Downstream from Cresent Creek was getting pretty dirty. The creek you could see from the highway was not what I'd call "blown out".
    Start with a glossy pink, 8mm bead - worked for me.
    Gary

Here comes the stampede
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

a 8mmm bead huh? Well good to know, I would also pack some 6mm's just in case to use in the slower runs....just me 2 cents though.

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Here comes the stampede
    yea seriousely......

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    maybe you should go fishing and find out
    **** dude, why do you even post on this forum. always some type of anymosity. we get it, you are a badass fisherman. you are fortunate to spend a lot time on the water. many of us are not so lucky. get a slice of that humble pie and CTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by akphish View Post
    **** dude, why do you even post on this forum. always some type of anymosity. we get it, you are a badass fisherman. you are fortunate to spend a lot time on the water. many of us are not so lucky. get a slice of that humble pie and CTFO.
    I couldn't have said it better myself... Lets try and be a little more productive in our posts.

I have seen his pics, at least he tries hard.

Easy fellas. Its not mokeys fault hes the best ever
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by moose-head View Post
    I like this one better; http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?15258000 you can change the number of days it shows so you can relate back to when you were there before etc.

the funny thing about monkey is sometimes i agree with him.

Default My post

Thanks guys for keeping it real. I am 19 and a diesel tech so i cant just get up and drive 98 miles just to have a look, this forum helps me with that, thanks for all the real info. Anyone wana plane a fishing adventure?

Hey guys-

I stopped by the bridge on the upper part of Quartz earlier today heading down to Soldotna just to take a look. Lots of spawning sockeyes in there, some were already dying so they must have been there a while already. A few dead kings too. A bit fast water but very clear. Thinking about trying there on Sunday heading back to town. Saw some huge brownie tracks near that little pond next to the highway.

juneau and kenai 060.jpgjuneau and kenai 058.jpgWas down there yesterday. Some monster spawned out reds and nice little dollies swimming around. This was the first time fishing there. Caught a few dollies and accidentally hooked this snarley toothed spawned out red. It was fun and the crowds were small... I used a bead that I got from a friendly fisherman. It was great until I lost that bead....