Thread: Bear size

Default Bear size

010.jpg I hate this format
    Attached Images Attached Images

O.K. I got the pic. on here, how big do you think this bear is? This pic was taking from a trail cam that I put up at the cabin.

I can tell you now he/she is still running free, and I have seen it in person. Did'nt knock over the barbie, did'nt bother the house and it was in the middle of the summer so the meat and the hide were of no use. If he is still around this fall maybe, but until then, let him or her have there fun.

My question is how big do you think it is? It will be interesting to hear the results.

based upon the size of the 55gallon drum...... pretty small....5.0 - 5.5 max

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

That one is a year and a half old. Very tasty and will make some great slippers!

id say around a five footer....however...that jawbone sled is bad ass....who made it?
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

Raw, I bought that sled from a guy in Seliwik when I was working out there in '94' if I remember right for $60.00 ( I was all over the western part of the state in the 90's so I can't remember wht year it was)

It is made from a caribou jaw and everything on it is from the animal from the jaw to the bow-and-arrows- to the bag and harpoon. He asked what I wanted and I told him the works, lol and he did a perfect job on it.

It is quit a show piece and a work of art.

I can't remember the mans name that did it for me, but if he is watching this thread, thanks again.

I've been offered alot of money for it but just can't let it go.

Well, I have always used a 55 gal drum when nearby to call the shot and if it would fit into the drum its too small for me. I am calling it about 5 foot maaaaybe 5 1/2 . It is fairly lean yet so it is a bit deceiving perhaps. I think the name George Forman would be appropriate for this one!
    Most 6 footers or bigger will have there back at or slightly above the top of a 55 gal drum if its on end and they are on all fours I have found. I don't think this chap would make that mark...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

O.K guys, if you stretched him out he might make 5' lol. On all fours he is about, or a little taller than my dog. Might go 150 lbs, maybe a little more. The barrel makes him look bigger. Walking around the burn barrel in the picture he/she is about 4" under the top.

The reason that I started the thread is because of the moose horn thread that happens here every year. I was waiting on someone to say he was six feet.

I still don't think I wan't to go boxing with him, he might live up to his name. <ouch>