Thread: charter and river??

Default charter and river??

howdy folks, I rarely post in the fishing forums as I am mainly a hunter and dont do much fishing My 20yr old daughter wants to do a fishing charter for her birthday (20). We would need to go in the next 2 weeks...

any suggestions on guides and/or rivers that would be productive??

thanks

Greg

Wow. If she wants to go chase silvers in seward. Great time to go now. Kenai is a bit high and fishes are spread out for bows, dollies and reds and blushing. Id say seward for silvers for sure. Plus derby time is coming up. Just my thoughs
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Bob with Piscatorial Pursuits is a great guide on the Kasilof for silvers, his dog is a riot too (along on all of his trips).

the next couple weeks will be the peak of the first run of silvers on both the kenai river and the kasilof river... and there will be lots of humpies to keep the action going all day.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Forgot about the kasilof thanks guys
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Klutina Kings

All the guide boats at the Klutina were hammering kings last weekend. I think the season stays open for another week or so(double check the regs). The fish are more blushed, but good chance to get a wall mount for a birthday present. Saw some huge fish caught

Dont bother fishing the klu kings. Unless you like catching dead carcasses. I would do a trip outta the kasilof or do a flyout rip if you got the money to katmai.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

The Little Su has been red hot all week

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...t-this-morning!!!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

You could always go to Homer and fish Halibut and take your silver rod along. I have gone on halibut charters in mid August in Homer and taken my salmon rod and caught a limit of silvers too several times. There is a guy from Homer here that posts all the time and he charters there. Mutley crew I believe. He does combo trips. Have a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    Dont bother fishing the klu kings. Unless you like catching dead carcasses. I would do a trip outta the kasilof or do a flyout rip if you got the money to katmai.

There were still some decent ones to catch at Klutina, put up a great fight. Just throwing the option out there. If you are looking for fresh chrome fsih then hit the Kenai in a few weeks for Silvers.

P.S. Me and the wife went with Muttley Crew Fishing out of Homer the other day and were very impressed. Coho Dave gave it his all and we caught some nice fish and more importantly, had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    May not be as bright as other places but the meat inside was some of the best I have seen or had. So if this is a dead carcas I guess I will take one of them each year. If you have not fish the Klutina for king you are missing out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks everybody for the info.... the girl wanted to do some open ocean so we are going to head to seward this weekend.... should be interesting!!! :-)

G