Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary Moment my Take Please read

Thumbs up Scary Moment my Take Please read

Bad things do happen to good people. I have had the pleasure of meeting Kristie and her husband dale and the kids. I have floated with them last fall and we talk all the time on a social network site. I am so glad they came out of this with no issues other than losing thier gear. Im gonna stop by my buddies flyshop today. I am sending a care package to them. I'm sending a 7wt echo rod, beads, flies and a few other goodies. So I challenge all you others to do a little of the same. A single pack of beads is not to much to ask. Or leader. Does not have to be much. Just get them back in the saddle again It is good fish Karma and these are good people. Thanks Chuck

Kristie. Let me know when you get it. It will be shipped out of anchorage tomorrow

I have thier address so if you are interested shoot me a pm
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I have a Cabelas Prestige reel I will bring up on Sept 18th if you don't have reels by then. Budget reel but will work well on a 7 wt (6-8 wt reel as I recall). Kristie, hopefully you will have a reel and be fishing long before I get up, but if not, shoot me a PM and I will bring the reel. I would mail it to you but it is back home in NC. As you know, I am working on Nantucket,Mass. I will be flying home, packing my gear, and flying up to Anch on Sept 18th. Will bring you a reel if you are still in need of one.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I have a 6wt reel with sinking line on it both are brand new I have never used it so I will send it this weekend, I might have an older reel to throw in there as well. The 6wt is a powder coated reddington if I am not mistaken and it has only been used once or twice if ever. So I will get it out to you this weekend, hope it helps.

Thanks Bow Fan it is much appreciated. Here is the goody box being shipped out from mike at mossys tomorrow

Ok, First off a huge thanks to Mike at Mossy's fly shop here in town. Without him this would not happen. He is donating some goodies too. He is very fair and honest and worked me a nice deal.

1. 2 Flyrods. 1 Echo 8wt and 1 Echo 7wt wt 9'

2. 2 Reels both Sages 1680's

3. 15 assorted articulating flesh flies for fall bow fishing and they do work now too

4. 5 packages of 6mm trout beads for bows

5. floating fly line and backer for both reels. You will have to spool them as i dont know if you were left or right handed retrieve.

6. 10 different egg sucking leeches

I hope this will help and make sure you bring it all to fishaplooza

This does not include whatever Mike is putting in out of his own shop. so do tell what goodies you guys get.

Is it too early to nominate folks for forum member of the year?

Awesome stuff Chuck.

Way to reach out and help someone.

Glad to call you a friend

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Karma baby. Without it you will get bit in the AZZ someday. LMAO. Good people and they are planning on coming to fish fest. All I want to see out of this is a smile on Kristie's face holding a hog of a fish this year. That is what it is all about my friend. Thank you for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Karma baby. Without it you will get bit in the AZZ someday.

Quit stealing my signature line

I am beyond deeply humbled beyond words to you all. To simply say 'Thank you' seems so inadequate...but for lack of better words, Thank You!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Quit stealing my signature line
    Your very welcome Miss Kristie

My bad LOL. Kristie come fish with us. Dan Carrie June Johnswa and I. Let us show you and dale a good time. I want a picture of you holding a hog with June and Carrie

Kristie come fish with us. Dan Carrie June Johnswa and I. Let us show you and dale a good time.

Heck yeah. More the merrier, that is the motto from what I can see since being invited last year myself. Chuck can put you on fish, John will make you laugh, and I will fire up the dutch oven in the evening and make you a proper dinner. Also, at my size, I am handy to have around in case you need your raft flipped right side up. Ha ha.. Couldn't help myself Kristie. Hope to share a campfire with you and yours in Sept.

-Dan

Heck yeah. More the merrier, that is the motto from what I can see since being invited last year myself. Chuck can put you on fish, John will make you laugh, and I will fire up the dutch oven in the evening and make you a proper dinner. Also, at my size, I am handy to have around in case you need your raft flipped right side up. Ha ha.. Couldn't help myself Kristie. Hope to share a campfire with you and yours in Sept.

-Dan

Ok. I just checked our list of stuff to do this fall. Righting boats not on there. I knew you were gonna go there. Hell dan is big enough if he has his pfd on 3 of us could float down on his back to jims and just keep fishing LOL

Ok. I just checked our list of stuff to do this fall. Righting boats not on there. I knew you were gonna go there. Hell dan is big enough if he has his pfd on 3 of us could float down on his back to jims and just keep fishing LOL
    Hilarious!!! You guys are cracking me up. And Dan...as kind as it is for you to offer to right a flipped raft, I'd REALLY rather not put that skill to use.
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Won't be an issue, I assure you. If it were, I wouldn't joke about it

Hell dan is big enough if he has his pfd on 3 of us could float down on his back to jims and just keep fishing LOL
    Ha ha.. In this hypothetical scenario, I bet you would still be fishing on the drift.

"Dan, backstroke, backstroke! I got a hog on here"

I can hear it now.

Ha ha.. In this hypothetical scenario, I bet you would still be fishing on the drift.

"Dan, backstroke I got a hog on here"

I can hear it now.

Come on Hoss 2 more feet. Get me to that cutbank. Hogzilla is laying under it. *as I pour beer in your mouth to refresh you* Row my man come on your losing the drift LOL

I have no idea what you mean

Well, I just got home from work and looked in the closet and sadly don't have any spare 7wt stuff. Sorry.

But what I can offer into the mix is some really good beer battered halibut and chips at Fishapalooza. Oh and maybe a glass or two of Glacier Brewhouse IPA to wash it down with.
    Least I hope to be able to, I've got some friends who are going to help me out with the halibut part and brews are courtesy of Chucks poor betting habits.

So bring your appetite.

P.S. I believe JohnSWA and Chuck can vouch for the quality of the meal.

"Dan, backstroke, backstroke! I got a hog on here"

I can hear it now.

What you don't realize is we're going to strap an outboard to your azz and run you down the canyon and across Skilak. Maybe do a Middle trip too.

Quality is AWESOME I have the butt in the freezer and no wedding for it to be given away this year. The keg will be there. Im just not giving away my canadian beer that dave is bringing me though

Thanks Dave. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Well, I just got home from work and looked in the closet and sadly don't have any spare 7wt stuff. Sorry.

But what I can offer into the mix is some really good beer battered halibut and chips at Fishapalooza. Oh and maybe a glass or two of Glacier Brewhouse IPA to wash it down with.
    Least I hope to be able to, I've got some friends who are going to help me out with the halibut part and brews are courtesy of Chucks poor betting habits.

So bring your appetite.

P.S. I believe JohnSWA and Chuck can vouch for the quality of the meal.
    That would be great. I look forward to it.
    ~ Kristie~

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    What you don't realize is we're going to strap an outboard to your azz and run you down the canyon and across Skilak. Maybe do a Middle trip too.

Holy Crap. I only have a 9.8. It is not gonna push his FAT AZZ downstream let alone upstream. Better get ahold of Billy and see if we can borrow the big yamaha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast