Thread: First rafting trip

Default First rafting trip

looking to take wife on a rafting trip day tour for birthday. Lived here for 14 years and never gone but looking for some new excitment. Any advice for local serive good time good price thanks

thayer,
    Help us help you.
    What part of this earth do you live on?
    dennis

located in wasilla

Nova River Runners in Chickaloon...runs the Matanuska River as well as some Kenai Peninsule rivers like six-mile. They have a great safety record.
    Chugach Outdoor Center does some Kenai Peninsula rivers, again with great safety records.

determine how big of a thrill you want...each company has gentle class II as well as thrilling Class lV trips...
    other forum members will probably have other suggestions, like raft trips originating out of Denali...

I will second NOVA. I would not recomend 6 mile unless you and the wife have been down a few rivers. Even though NOVA does a great job and has an outstanding safety record, the 6 mile might scare a person to the point you never get back in a raft. The Mat is a very nice float. Scenery and a little splashy water. Best off it is right at home for you.

Thanks for the help, will book a trip through nova on the lions head.

Chuck (owner/operator of Nova)
    You are welcome.

Thayer....You will enjoy the trip down Lions Head...class lV "gray-water" thriller.

Thanks, my son is thayer hes 6 thats what they call his at the bow shop where he shoots.

Tom

jwolf

Kewl.. My son is Thane..
    Listen to these good folks; they know what their talkin bout.. If Thayer wants to go float send someone a PM..
    Quote Originally Posted by thayer the slayer View Post
    Thanks, my son is thayer hes 6 thats what they call his at the bow shop where he shoots.

Tom