Thread: 338-06 and 210 Nosler partitions

Default 338-06 and 210 Nosler partitions

I just ordered a 338-06 and orginally I intended on loading it with 225 Nolser accubonds. I just came across a deal on some 210 paratitions. I was wondering if anyone has had any experence with these bullets. I dont shoot over 300 yards; and it will be used for black bear, caribou, moose, and interior grizz. Any info would be great.

It should be dandy for the uses and ranges you describe, especially since you found a deal on them. Buy lots, because you'll get lots of use out of them.

I think you will find the 210 to work better than the 225s. I shoot mine with 4064 at about 2700. They work very well but never shot a griz with it. Have shot everything else though. Best of luck. J.

Good choice, look no further. The .338 Nosler Partition should prove to be a good performer for your .338-06. Expands way out there and has enough lead in it's butt to dig in deep up close. What more could a guy want. The bullet has been around a long time and has a great reputation.

I also give a "thumbs up" to the 210 partitions. Nothing wrong with them at all, they work great. Should shoot flatter than the 225's in the 338-06, out to the ranges you anticipate.

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Shot my bull moose last year with them, 289 yds, and didn't have a problem.

A cartridge and bullet combo I've used a lot and can highly recommend it. The partition is very well suited at the velocity we get from the 338-06 and even the AI version which gives the 210 grain partition about 2800 fps. A sure winner for your list of game.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Just in case you were still looking, SPS is running the 225gr Accubond right now. Pretty good price on them. Scotty

http://www.shootersproshop.com/index...393&t=AccuBond
    Semper Fi

The 210 grain Nosler Part works great in the 338-06. I used one for years and IMR 4320 was my powder with WW brass and FC210Match primers sure was good combo.......aliitle more punch than the 30-06.

I suggest nothing heavier than 210 but 215's will work. The 215gr Sierra BT should also be another good performer since vel are lower than the 338 Win bullet performance should be excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by beretzs View Post
    Just in case you were still looking, SPS is running the 225gr Accubond right now. Pretty good price on them. Scotty

http://www.shootersproshop.com/index...393&t=AccuBond
    I just checked and they don't list in stock anymore, darnit anyways.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Holy smokes, that was fast. I would keep an eye on them though. If they were there, they will be back shortly. They usually keep SPS fairly well updated, in regards to bullets. One of those things you have to check daily in order to really jump on them. Scotty
    Semper Fi

I really like my 338-06 Imp...Seems to work very well with Sierra 215 SPBT.. Right now I am experimenting with Varget and RE-19...for accuracy.. As far as Velocity is concerned, I am plenty happy with 2700-2800 Fps with this ackley Imp..