Thread: Kimber .22 conversion kit

Default Kimber .22 conversion kit

I'm considering buying a kimber .22 conversion kit for my new SW 1911, anybody have any experience with them good or bad ? do you need to shoot the higher volicity ammo in them or will anything work ? any input would be appricated.

Mine worked pretty well. It had a pretty tight on the frame in cold weather (-20s) and sometimes had trouble cycling.
    In warm weather it worked without a hitch with standard velocity ammo. Mine loved CCI Velocitors though and I shot a bunch of them through it. Good sights and very accurate for a conversion pistol.

I think the slide to frame fit is pretty critical on them and the tolerances vary considerably between manufactuers. If you have a chance to put it on the frame before purchase it would be a good thing but with a S&W I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I had one. For the money, you'd be better of buying a Buckmark or Ruger .22 auto. They are more accurate, and the slide stays back on the last shot.

get a marvel kit there are a whole lot better and worth the money that you spend on them ..first class all the way with the marvel units ..they seam to be just all around better quailty made item .

that my 2.cents on the matter of a 22.lr slide for a 1911 style pistol

I've never heard of marvel, where can I get one? does anyone in anchorage carry them?

Get the Marvel. I did. Works good, shoots great groups. Works with SV. Midway sells them.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out tonight.

if you can't find a conversion kit you like, then Chiappa (sp?) makes a dedicated .22 built around a 1911 frame, looks a bit cheap (cost is low $200's) but have read very good reviews on them.
    Do something brave today... then run like hell
    ~~~~~~~
    The ideas of tomorrow are fashioned by those who challenge the ideas of today.