Thread: Boringg

Default Boringg

Been boring here so far. Been doing nothing much at my house but really want to fish. The most options for me would either be the parks highway streams or MAYBE the hope area.

As for fishing i just wanna feel the tug of a fish. Idc about species. Keep in my mind its only going to be me (14) and i suck at combat fishing(been to spoiled with a plane)

I Have read about montana and stuff but to tell the truth i dont know ANYTHING about those stream fishing. Exept were caswell goes into the sue. Any help? Im a noob to the whole combat and would like to stay away from that THANKS to everyone who can help!
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    Been boring here so far. Been doing nothing much at my house but really want to fish. The most options for me would either be the parks highway streams or MAYBE the hope area.

As for fishing i just wanna feel the tug of a fish. Idc about species. Keep in my mind its only going to be me (14) and i suck at combat fishing(been to spoiled with a plane)

I Have read about montana and stuff but to tell the truth i dont know ANYTHING about those stream fishing. Exept were caswell goes into the sue. Any help? Im a noob to the whole combat and would like to stay away from that THANKS to everyone who can help!
    Dude how do you intend on getting to all these exotic hotspots? You say you're bored and you've been doing nothing at the house? I remember my mom took me and some buddies to Bird Creek and dropped us off. In fact it brings back some good memories. I do remember bleeding from every orifice I had to work so hard to convince her to take her time to take us fishing. Oh yeah I had to plan days ahead because I literally had days of worth of work. Oh it sucked but looking back, it was more than worth it. Made me a high liner is what it did
    Last edited by fullbush; 08-04-2010 at 20:21. Reason: thanx mom :)

Going to hope or montana creek tommorow maybe
    -Local 907 Riders Union

There's nothing wrong with being a newbie. I just moved here from Oregon in May. I don't have a boat or a plane and have been fishing on the road system. I've done my research and talked with lots of people and done most everything on my own. I've never salmon fished with a fly rod till I came here and I've managed to catch 4 out of 5 salmon species on a fly rod since I got here. I've taken the time to get out and learn by trial and error. You may not catch what you're after the first time out, but conditions change and so do the fish.

I went to a brand new place last weekend. I learned a lot the first day but caught only a few pinks. I went back and the water was higher and off color. I continued to fish and change things up until I found something that worked. I caught three different salmon in a matter of a few hours. I went back this morning to try and get my wife her first salmon and the river was completely blown out and muddy. Now if I'd have gone for the very first time today I'd have a different conception of that stream. So you need to spend time out there and try things mulitple times. I know it's tough as a 14 year old but there are things you could be doing close to home. You ever hear of Jim Creek? It's right out near you. It may not be the best but if you spend time and learn a spot really well, you'll most likely catch fish when few others are.

Good luck

I think im going to start workin on the parks streams. I know the kenai area really good tho. Tommorow were heading out to lake creek or maybe flying to katmai
    -Local 907 Riders Union

Quote Originally Posted by Lake creek fishermen View Post
    Tommorow were heading out to lake creek or maybe flying to katmai
    lol dude I swear for a 14y/o you're an international jetsetter.
    Not to plagiarize Bill Murray but I wanna party w/ you cowboy!

Not going to katmai need a new fly rod lol. Lake creek on saturday-sunday. Last saturday we had a bear try to stomp in our door when we were sleeping. Big beautiful blacky (: scared the living %^&* out of us at 5am lol but he got away safe.

So tommorow im heading out to montana creek and caswell and saturday and sunday lake creek. Pink were in like crazy the first day. Then the second day nothing but silver. Look at my avatar on the left for me and my dads fish lol
    -Local 907 Riders Union