Thread: Prop question for drift boat

Default Prop question for drift boat

Ok so here is what I am looking for. I have a 16' drifter, 335lbs empty. Usually carring about 500lbs in the boat to motor accross skilak. That 500 is the wife and i and emergency gear and the outboard. I have a Nissan/tohatsu 9.8 4 stroke kicking on it with a 3 blade prop. Im still fine tuning the angle of the outboard to drop the bow down as low as I can. I know and do not ever want or expect this boat to get on step. I would just rather have it flaten out more and get the transom up out of the water more. I was told to get a flat pitch prop. Can any of you offer some insight into this. Thanks guys
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I use the same motor on my 20' willie drift boat and have used it on a 16 Hyde in the past and they all have the same bow up attitude. I got a tiller extension to allow me to drive from a more forward position and that helps alot. They just are meant to be rowed and motor just tends to push the stern down but it is better then rowing across skilak. Last fall we even had a long time quide go with us thru the canyon and across the lake and he said they all act that way.

Thanks. Im getting the tiller extension before I run the lake again to move my weight forward. I just thought I was a bit to high last time. I know I did not have the motor set right. Will make that adjustment on a local lake and get it tuned to where I am comfy
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

~bout all you can do is bury the trim setting and add a Dolfin or the like so the rear wants to climb.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff