Thread: Intercom

Default Intercom

Do any of you use a voice activated intercom between riders? If so what kind are you using and how do they work? I Took my wife out for her first trail ride today and she mentioned that she would like to have something like that.

Woody

Thats a really good idea. Never thought about it before. A check of the motorcycle forums will give you good ideas to start with.
    Tennessee

This is one of the Ideas we have came up with. It will work with the radios we all ready have.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...007&hasJS=true

Woody

I bought a pair similar to smw's link to use with our motorolla Talkabout radios. Never have used them but I heard they didn't work to well on snowmachines due to excessive noise from the machines.

Default radios

We have used those on the snowmachines. We have them motorollas and picked up the throat mikes at REI. Work pretty good but we found on the sleds that it was just one more thing to deal with. Probably be alot easier on the wheelers!! EricL

Talking BacK seat driver

"she mentioned that she would like to have something like that"

Are sure YOU want her to have something like that? My wife's bad enough in the car. Don't think I'd need the commentary on how badly I was driving the ATV.

Default Radios

I've heard good things about the "Chatterbox" systems. You might check them out. They mount directly to your helmet and have speakers inside the ear wells.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

This summer I will be purchasing a pair of noise canceling headset with push-to-talk intercom for use in our boat. We have an Alweld 20v80 and the water noise is way too loud once we are really cruising. Having to lean over and yell is too dangerous, with the push-to-talk it will be so much more pleasent to speak in a normal tone of voice.

Personally I think the push to talk is the way to go.
    For me it keeps the "Oh S**ts!!" off the air, and they may not be sensitive enough to broadcast the mumbled "help me"s that usually follow the "Oh S***S". :-)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.