Thread: DeepCreek/Ninilchik

Default DeepCreek/Ninilchik

Hitting a charter out of Ninilchik next week with my father and want to go down the day before and look for trout/dollies (or silvers if they're in yet) in the area waters. I've always wanted to go south of Soldotna, but always ended up fishing between there and here. I was expecting to do a little exploring, but if any of you have hints/tips on where to go anything would be much appreciated!

Plus if you happen to know of any cheap cabins - please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Eagle River, AK

I did a halibut charter out of Ninilchik about this time a couple years ago. The silvers were in at the Ninilchik river. We did not make it down to Deep Creek or the Anchor so I wouldn't have much useful info about those two for you. As of yesterday Anchor had 67 fish through the weir.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

There should be a few silvers, just not thick. Try under the hwy bridge in Ninilchik as the stack up there usually, eggs or yarn will do the trick. Or I always like slidehole on the Anchor but get there early.
    As for a place to stay, try Bear Essentials, it is between Deep Creek & Anchor Point. Is about 1.5 off the hwy and will take you about 5 minutes or so but is peaceful in its surroundings. I think it runs about $85-90 for a room with 2 beds and will give you breakfast.