Thread: seward six pack suggestions?

Default seward six pack suggestions?

looking to go on a six pack charter out of seward and was wondering if anyone had a good experience with someone. thanks guys! we are hoping to go on either aug. 30th or the 31st.

I would suggest crackerjack, profish n sea, millers landing, the fish house, over aurora charters

I suggest Crackerjack. I have had my boat in a slip near many of the guides, and he seems to consistenly come back with a lot of fish big fish.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Crackerjack or Pro-Fish-n-Sea.

Also Just in Time charters. Local boy who grew up there and is one hell of a guy to be around on the water. fished with him earlier this year and will be chasing silvers with him on the 15th
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

As long as you don't use the one that sounds like your Smoking or the Local Clown Bird, your good, but Just in Time are good guys!

All mentioned charters listed here are good people. Try shopping for price and see if there is a difference. Millers Landing can provide accommodations as well as fishing. If you like campgrounds & a rustic atmosphere give them a shout. 2245739
    mailto:millerslanding@alaska.com

We (me, wife, in-laws and a grizzled old buddy) went with Hill Norvell on the One Day last summer. I'd do it again in a heartbeat...

Fished with Profish N Sea on Thursday and Friday. Totally awesome trips. Limts of big silvers first day and nice halibut, yelloweyes, and lingcod second day. Cannt imagine a better two days of fishing. They have very good quality tackle, boats, rigging, fish cleaning, etc. We had excellent weather and sea conditions and everybody on our boat were experienced fishermen who needed very little coaching. Checked the dock today and they did very well again.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Also Just in Time charters. Local boy who grew up there and is one hell of a guy to be around on the water. fished with him earlier this year and will be chasing silvers with him on the 15th
    I am curious about his boat and what he is like to fish with. It seems like he is on the radio ALL the time. It is pretty interesting to listen to. It seems like he knows everyone, their wives, etc., almost like listening to talk radio. I imagined that he is one of the bigger charters and sits in a pilothouse wile dechands attend to the clients, but I am curious about what it is like from the client standpoint. He is not on 16 all the time or anything, I think he chats down on 10. I usually leave the raios on scan while fishing, so I end up listening in on these conversations.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Justin grew up in Seward and is a local boy. I have never fished with him but he is a generally friendly talkative person. Funny & fun to hang out with. He is on the radio a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
    I am curious about his boat and what he is like to fish with. It seems like he is on the radio ALL the time. It is pretty interesting to listen to. It seems like he knows everyone, their wives, etc., almost like listening to talk radio. I imagined that he is one of the bigger charters and sits in a pilothouse wile dechands attend to the clients, but I am curious about what it is like from the client standpoint. He is not on 16 all the time or anything, I think he chats down on 10. I usually leave the raios on scan while fishing, so I end up listening in on these conversations.
    6 pack boat. He jacked his back up this spring and is using one deckhand for the first time. Knows every joke written and keeps you entertained with his humor and putting you on fish. I just am totally relaxed on his boat. No pressurem no attitude, awesome gear and just plain old fun. He lets you fish. does not micro manage you. He will crack on you when you miss a fish. Im speaking from experience. But it is done all in fun. He knows I have been fishing here a while and likes to bust my chops. We were with 4 guys from montana and he made sure they knew what they were doing. Coached them when needed, enchouraged them and joked with them. I just like the no pressure laid back fun approach. Plus we do catch fish
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I agree with CrackerJack Charters and Pro-Fish-N-Sea. I been out with them before, and they were terrific. The only problem with them is that they're normally booked-up well in advance. It's hard to get on their boats on short notice. Keep checking around if they're not available.

thanks guys i booked with crackerjack for aug.31st on a combo trip.