Thread: AOD FFL Dealers In Fairbanks?

Default AOD FFL Dealers In Fairbanks?

Looking for a forum member FFL dealer in Fairbanks. I'm taking a float trip in Sept. and am thinking of forwarding my .454 ahead of me. I'm a FFL dealer also. I'm driving up, not flying up.

Thanks

If you know someone who lives up here mail it to yourself to there address in care of them. Hell, mail it to me and I'll hold it for you.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

+1 its your gun its not transferring ownership you can mail it to yourself or to someone else to hold on to.

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    If you know someone who lives up here mail it to yourself to there address in care of them. Hell, mail it to me and I'll hold it for you.
    Thanks, that works for the rifle but not the pistol. But good suggestion. I think I got the pistol worked out as hand carry on the airplane by friend going north.

Pistols have to be shipped by a freight company, not regular mail. If you haven't flown with guns before it's pretty simple. My friend and I flew to Kodiak from Anchorage with 2 rifles and 2 pistols in one case with no issues.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

A dealer can ship a pistol through the US mail. I have done it. Tell the mail clerk before you ship it though.

Default Frontier Outfitters will do the FFL transfer

I have purchased firearems from Cabelas before and had them ship it to Frontier Outfitters where I filled out the paperwork and took delivery of the firearm. Frontier only charges $25 to do this.

If you go to gunbroker.com they have a list of local ffl dealers and what they charge for transfer. I have used several with zero problems.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Buying a rifle online or over the phone has a different set of rules from sending a firearm you already own. If you already own it you don't need to go through an FFL.

Thanks for all of the input, I got it worked out where a friend will carry the .454 in his airline checked baggage.