Thread: Minto Flats Float hunt suggestions?

Default Minto Flats Float hunt suggestions?

I have access to a friends freighter canoe and am hoping to do about three days of hunting for moose and/or black bear in the Faibanks area with my daughter when she returns for college. I am thinking that the Minto Flats Management Area might be a good option because aircraft and airboats are not permitted; any suggestions?

Bring your shotgun and fishing gear, the duck hunting and pike fishing are fantastic out there.

How are you planning on accessing it? What time in september are you heading out? I saw a guy last year down there and he was running a mud buddy on his freighter, some of the areas are pretty shallow and might get more shallow if its warmer out! And if you do get an animal you might want to consider running down river as opposed to back up river, maybe to manley with a vehicle waiting.. Just my $.02

WHen are you planning on going, ive done it before it is a bit rough. Im probly gona head out there in a couple weeks to hunt duck ill let you know how bad or good the water was.