Thread: trail cam help

Default trail cam help

I was wondering if someone can recommend a no flash trail camera for night time pictures, I have a friend who has had some vandalism taking place on his property a few times over the last few weeks and were hoping we can find a trail cam to catch the vandals but dont want to give it away with a flash. I know they make Infra red flash models anyone out there use one.
    Thanks

I have the Reconyx, they make camera' s just for surveillance also. I have the RC60 they have just updated them to a new model. They are pricey but worth every penny http://www.reconyx.com/hyperfire.php?model=SC
    Cabela's has them for 550.00 without the lock box.
    Good luck

I live in Kansas and we use Moutrie I-40'S. No flash at night. PM me and I can send you some night pic's. Thanks and happy hunting.

That is to be moultrie not moutrie.

I have a couple dozen cameras in six different models. I tell you the truth when I tell you every single brand made is a piece of garbage, unless you expect very little from them. The Reconyx works great but is ridiculously priced for no reason. Rule it out due to the price. All of the midrange cameras have their pluses, but more minuses. The Bushnell trophy cam is nearly impossible to program, and of the five I have owned, I have never had all of them working at the same time. The wildviews are cheap, but they have NO customer service. The number they provide goes unanswered fro months at a time and they hide the their address. By the way, it is only a P.O. Box in a state different from where they build the cameras. I could go on, but all are unreliable and essentially disposable.

By the way, infrared cameras flash just like other cameras. It is just a red light instead of a white one. Just as easy to see by game and thieves.

If you're serious, learn to build your own. That way you can fix it when it breaks and blame yourself when it is a piece of garbage.

Don Mulligan
    www.outdoorswithdon

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorswithdon View Post
    I have a couple dozen cameras in six different models. I tell you the truth when I tell you every single brand made is a piece of garbage, unless you expect very little from them. The Reconyx works great but is ridiculously priced for no reason. Rule it out due to the price. All of the midrange cameras have their pluses, but more minuses. The Bushnell trophy cam is nearly impossible to program, and of the five I have owned, I have never had all of them working at the same time. The wildviews are cheap, but they have NO customer service. The number they provide goes unanswered fro months at a time and they hide the their address. By the way, it is only a P.O. Box in a state different from where they build the cameras. I could go on, but all are unreliable and essentially disposable.

By the way, infrared cameras flash just like other cameras. It is just a red light instead of a white one. Just as easy to see by game and thieves.

If you're serious, learn to build your own. That way you can fix it when it breaks and blame yourself when it is a piece of garbage.

Don Mulligan
    www.outdoorswithdon
    Sound like you could of used all that money from them six cameras and bought a couple of Reconyx's and been done with it. Yes they are alot of money, but like I said they are worth it. And no they do not flash red, you cannot even tell if they have taken a picture standing in front of them in total darkness. And the customer service is very good also.I called about a ? on the flash card and spoke with someone in minutes. Another time I sent the camera back to have it upgraded with a higher output IR for farther night time distance and got it back in under 2 weeks.

So don't knock it until you try something first.

Get a Dog........or a herd of attack geese.......

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    or a herd of attack geese.......

i hate attack geese...
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Or add a few guineas to the mix...

I love our Moultrie cam, It works great day and night and its used in the off seasons for just this reason
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"