Thread: your choice for 10mm

Default your choice for 10mm

Interested in either kimber or cz. Although I have not handled one, I ruling out the G20 due to not being crazy about the feel of the 45acp. Basically looking for the most reliable, and accurate pistol I can afford without going custom. Thanks guys

I would look for a CZ for the double stack mag. I bought the EAA knockoff and so far I am happy with it. It seems to send the lead part out the hole in the front and the brass part out the hole in the side consistently. It also didn't cost a fortune so I didn't cry when it got some rust spots after 10 days in the Kodiak back country. I would like to pick up one of the target or match models later and swap it out to a 6" barrel. There are some pretty slick ones out there though EAA reportedly has poor customer service. Then again it's hard to spit in the face of a nice stainless 1911....

A buddy of mine hates Glocks. Says he never held one that felt right. He shot my G20 last week and said he was going to buy one. First Glock he ever shot that felt good in his hand. Assuming there are not other reasons you don't like the G20, it couldn't hurt to shoot one. Bought mine about 4 months back and love it. Alot of gun for the money.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default want to trade, just for a few minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    A buddy of mine hates Glocks. Says he never held one that felt right. He shot my G20 last week and said he was going to buy one. First Glock he ever shot that felt good in his hand. Assuming there are not other reasons you don't like the G20, it couldn't hurt to shoot one. Bought mine about 4 months back and love it. Alot of gun for the money.-Dan
    In the time it would take you to squeeze off a few rounds with mine and say in your best Clint Eastwood voice some (now no longer true) words about "the largest handgun made in the world today".... I'd know if I like your gun or not. 'Course I'd better bring some food to throw in the deal too, because your bullets cost a lot more than mine.

Dan Wesson RZ-10 Razorback in 10 mm. Wilson combat for a little more money. Fusion Firearms makes a hunter 1911 with a longer barrel. Also like my G20. Have you looked at a G20SF?

Yep!!! GLOCK 20 SF with 2+ mag extensions.

No I have not looked at the G20sf. I tend to over research everything I buy and this purchase will be no different it seems. I want to like the plastic guns, but it is hard to beat the feeling of a 1911 for me. With todays economy it is so hard to handle a wide range of guns in the stores.
    Is there some reason know one has mentioned the kimber? All I have ever heard about is that their .45 (many would venture the say they are the most accurate out of the box) are the cats meow once they are broken in.

Also for those that carry semi autos for a side arm, do you like the the option of having a double action. I'm guessing this is why the polymer frames have taken off so well. Has anybody forgot or had no time to work the slide on a 1911 prior to the time of battle(2 or 4 legged critters).Excuse my ignorance on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis77 View Post
    I tend to over research everything
    Well, that is just impossible Travis.

Research is good

Kimber makes a fine pistol. My buddy I was telling you about earlier bought three of them last year. Straight shooters indeed.

As for plastic guns, I used to hate them too. Then I bought one, and another, and another. Love them now. Got two in 40 S&W and more recently got the 10mm.

Many ways to skin a cat. Keep searching. Get out and shoot some guns to see what you like.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Have you looked at the Springfield XD's?

Quote Originally Posted by rippinlip View Post
    Have you looked at the Springfield XD's?
    Don't think that comes in a 10mm.

FWIW, I was never a great fan of Glocks until I bought my G20 SF. The SF version fits extremely well in my hand, and I can shoot it as well as any combat pistol I own.

I`m another that wasn`t into Glocks but to have a sub-compact (G29) w/16 round capability is priceless. I have finally become comfortable with it and wouldn`t have anything else in this caliber. I positively hate the feel of 1911s...and the lack of capacity is sad too.

The G20SF is quite a bit different in the grip width (feel wise) vs. the standard G20.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

The CZ75 clone (EAA witness) that I have is a double action and a double stack mag w/ capacity up to 15 though it ships with a ten round cali legal mag. To me it is the best balance between the poly guns and a 1911.

If I just wanted the nicest 10mm that I have seen it would be a STI Perfect 10 but they are over 2K so more likely if I got a new one it would be another EAA, either a hunter model or an Elite Stainless stock II. As it is I am pretty happy with my basic model and may mod it some. They make a longslide kit for it and then I could also get a 40 cal barrel for the factory slide so that it would be fully convertible.

Here is mine, I have posted it before but I really like it so..... one more time...

Lujon,

Well, it looks nice enough. Eye candy indeed. But I would not trust that EAA witness in a life threatening situation.

My Glock is not only a proven design that is reliable, but it also has a trigger

LOL!! I sure hope Hunt_AK has it all back together by now, not that I will be needing it anytime soon. Well at least I hope I won't be wishing I had it anytime soon. I don't know if he has put any rounds through it or not but I told him he was welcome to as long as he took fair warning that it may cause him to lose interest in his G20.

I was inches from completing it but made a small nick in the paint and have to refinish the slide...just haven't done it yet. Hurry ip and come pick this thing up so I don't want one myself...

I have had three 10MM Kimbers, and I have had five G-20's. I have been shocked at the 2 5/8" groups at 50 yards (Yes that is a 5 and a 0) that the current Kimber is producing with Blazer 200 gr. If I had to go into battle I would take the G-20, but the Kimber is "Classic" 1911 beautiful ARTWORK, of a visual quality, such as should be displayed for visual enjoyment. The Glock is just plain "Butt'Ugly" but makes up for said uglyness in reliable functioning. Buy one and be happy, buy both and be twice as happy.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I have had three 10MM Kimbers, and I have had five G-20's. I have been shocked at the 2 5/8" groups at 50 yards (Yes that is a 5 and a 0) that the current Kimber is producing with Blazer 200 gr. If I had to go into battle I would take the G-20, but the Kimber is "Classic" 1911 beautiful ARTWORK, of a visual quality, such as should be displayed for visual enjoyment. The Glock is just plain "Butt'Ugly" but makes up for said uglyness in reliable functioning. Buy one and be happy, buy both and be twice as happy.
    What he said!
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com