Thread: Chena fishing for salmon

Default Chena fishing for salmon

ANyone having luck on the chena fishing chum, what are yall using

Dont know if the chum are in yet.....have you seen any in there yet? however last year i was nailin em with pixies, vibraxs, and wiggle warts.....once they are in, they are in by the thousands up on the river access's down chena hotsprings road..not much good to eat but fun to catch and play with.
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

just got back from the river access at thirty one mile chenna hotsprings road....chums are in and biting!

CHENA RIVER and its tributaries...
    Salmon: Closed to all salmon fishing upstream from the ADF&G marker located 300 ft downstream of the Chena River dam. This includes catch-and-release fishing.

Just sayin..
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Yup, Nordale should be legal.

i was actually fishing for grayling...but the chum kept hittin my spinners and jigs....only posted to let the original poster know that yes indeed...chum are in......but thanks to you watchdog twigpigs out there!

Quote Originally Posted by rawdogrichard View Post
    Dont know if the chum are in yet.....have you seen any in there yet? however last year i was nailin em with pixies, vibraxs, and wiggle warts.....once they are in, they are in by the thousands up on the river access's down chena hotsprings road..not much good to eat but fun to catch and play with.
    I don't really think that anyone would use wiggle warts for Grayling. No shame in admitting we may have made a mistake, but we sure don't want to send the wrong message to folks and have them break the law.

The Grayling fishing is awesome on the upper river.

Steve

Wink hehe

Quote Originally Posted by rawdogrichard View Post
    i was actually fishing for grayling...but the chum kept hittin my spinners and jigs....only posted to let the original poster know that yes indeed...chum are in......but thanks to you watchdog twigpigs out there!
    suuuuuuuure you were ;-)

I've uwittingly admitted to unknowingly breaking a fishing regulation on here before. I was set straight and did not make the mistake again,

instead of the chena, why not fish the salcha right now with 1500 or so chums a day coming through there shoudl be enough around to play with.