Thread: Ruger SR9

Default Ruger SR9

I just aquired a ruger SR9 from another member on this forum. I have been able to get out and shoot this little piece and wow am I impressed. It really likes the s&b 124 grain jacketed hollowpoints. I fired about 100 rounds out of it so far and have not had a single problem with it. Offhand accuracy was about 2 inches on average at 25 yards. I think im going to be shooting it from a solid rest with about five different types of ammo.

If your looking for a 9mm, dont overlook this SR9. My first impressions are very good.

I've heard nothing but good things about the SR9. For the price, they're hard to beat. How do you like the trigger? I've heard they can be stiff.

Its about 5lbs but i took it apart and polished the sear a little bit. The trigger is crisp and it really did not effect my shooting at all. I was happy with it.

After about 200 rounds downrange... I am very happy still. 100% reliable so far

I agree 100 per cent !!! I have one too and it shoots like a dream. I have fired various different rounds through mine and so far it has shot everything I have put in it. I hope to purchase the compact version of the SR9 before the year is up.

I agree, I've got about 500 rounds through mine. Haven't had a problem of any kind. Great ergonomics, and it flat shoots where it's pointing. Trigger is very easy to get used to, IMO, I would trust my life on it.

Update -

Took it out in the cold weather and cycled about a months paycheck of ammo through it.... Still not a single jam. I am absolutly in love with this little pistol.

This is good to hear. I just picked one up for my daughter to shoot. We stopped and ran about a hundred rounds thru it on the way home but at 20 below we didn't want to stay out long. We plan to take it to the indoor range tomorrow evening and give it a couple hundred round workout. I was impressed with it the little bit we shot it. I was busting clays at 30 feet with no problem.

Yeah once you get used to the trigger the thing is absolutly supreme. Not one single jam... its still impressive to me.

Well, I have found the problem with this gun. The thing ate over 500 rounds in about 2 hours and didn't miss a beat. I don't know how I'm going to keep it fed. I put ten rounds in a three inch group at thirty feet but couldn't get it out of my daughters hands to shoot any more. Looks like I am going to have to take a day a week off of work to reload. My wife and I also put 200 problem free rounds through our new XDM 45s.

Funny how hungry that little ruger gets isnt it! I am glad to hear your enjoying yours as much as mine.