Thread: Hows the shorefishing at seward?

Default Hows the shorefishing at seward?

Are the silvers nearby the shores yet? any recommended spot?

South Beach at Lowell Point has been producing silvers as well as sea run dollies

Any updates to Seward shore fishing?

I have time for one more day trip before heading off for three months, and am trying to find the absolute best place to go for my best shot at some fresh silvers from shore.

Thanks guys and gals!

-CS

I will be heading down next weekend, what's the best way to fish for them. I will have my family with me and would like some lure/bait suggestions as I have only fished out of a boat in Seward.

Cruised the Resurrection Bay shoreline by car several times since arriving Tuesday, from Spring Crrek around to Miller's Landing. Saw very few people trying, even around high tide. Snagged a bunch of pinks on Wednesday in the east and west forks of the Resurrection River in saltwater zone, but they were very humped. No other fish seen or hear about, except heard the same as prior poster that a few silvers are being caught at South Point. We limited out on big silvers up to 14 pounds along west side of the bay just below Bear Glacier on Thursday and just outside the bay on the east side yesterday on the way back in with a limit of halibut and lingcod.

Default Fishing For Silvers/Dollies At South Beach

I fished it this morning - South Beach is dead. I live on the point and fish it nearly every day. Nothing rolling or jumping (close in or far out), and no dollies for the past week, or so. I'm going to try it later this evening again and see what's up. Gonna hit a lake for a while today and enjoy the sun!

Fished it early again today in hopes of a better result - saw two jump in about 4 hrs. They were about a block off the beach - here's to ya if you can cast that far! No bite. STILL not hitting them at Lowell Point from the shore. Boats that were trolling out front were hitting nothing that I saw, also.

Hows the rockfish been? Maybe homer would be good shore fishing for silvers and bottom fish?
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee