Thread: Ok Need Help

Default Ok Need Help

I live in the Wasilla area and would like to know where the best fishing is that I dont have to drive far for. I tried Willow Creek last night and walked away with nothing... Would like to catch some silver's before my son goes back to Texas this week. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Chuck

hmmm i am guessing jim creek if you have a truck, if you have a boat try deska, or little sue, you could also go to the little sue and walk the my creek trail or down river.

Guess I should have said.... dont have a boat

also would that be the little sue on Knik Goose Bay Rd?

Thanks

I would say Eklutna Tailrace if you don't have a good 4x4 to get to Jim's. The tailrace is a hundred more times easier to get to, but the fishing is much slower. Better check the Tailrace thread to see how well the silvers are biting. Most people are floating eggs under a bobber from what i hear. good luck on the silver... i'm still looking for my first of the year :/

Lil Su off of KGB. THe my Creek trail is a good tip. If you have chest waders you can fish from my creek to the landing by walking down river. I did this a few times last year and always hooked up. there are a few good holes in this stretch of river. I #4 or 5 vibrix or on Friday the 6th salmon eggs an a bobber. if you dont mind a mid range drive Bird creek or girdwood creek are options.

Unless it's changed, they had the My Creek trail closed due to a moose kill and bear activity as of Saturday night. But I would second the Little Su and go up river. It should be cleared up and people were killing them upriver of the Burma boat landing. If I lived closer I'd be headed up there.