Thread: Fairbanks residents, need some input

Default Fairbanks residents, need some input

Looking for a decent economical hotel/motel.

I wont have a vehicle so a shuttle service would be nice.

What's the word on, Pikes Waterfront, Rivers Edge, Super8, Regency Fairbanks,

I would entertain any other suggestions.

If a good restaurant was close by that would be a bonus too. Thanks, Ken

I would probably concentrate on efforts between Pikes and Westmark. You probably can find a Bed and Breakfast that is better. Pike's serves a decent steak sandwich. Marriot has Lavelle's Bistro and some good last minute shops like Big Rays and Second Ave Rare coins right close. Westmark seems to be the hotel that you get the most from haggling with. I don't know how much Holiday Express might be. I do know that Super 8 has recently had many drug and robbery related incidents.

I know that if I was coming in from a long hunt that I would try to arrange a day stay at Chena Hot Springs Resort. Its pretty nice to soak in those springs. They tend to give you a great smile on your way home no matter what your success was or is.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

It would help if you tell us where you need to be close to.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUX View Post
    It would help if you tell us where you need to be close to.
    My options have no limit.

I'm flying in to Fairbanks this friday and I need to catch the Alaska Yukon trails shuttle Saturday morning.

Pick up points for the shuttle are Fred Meyers East or West or the Airport.

I would go with the holiday inn express it is less than a year old so it is pretty nice I just had some family stay there a couple weeks ago I believe they spent 100 a night but that was for a pretty nice double room with 2 queen beds if you are going to be by yourself they have smaller ones. Fred meyer is within walking distance from there. Wal- Mart, Sportsmans warehouse, Sports Authority Chilis restarunt Carls Junior MCdonals and there is a subway inside of wal mart they are all in the Same strip mall as the holiday inn.

My vote would be the Aspen hotel or whatever it's called these days. Right next to Fred Meyer's west, they have a pool and hot tub, continental breakfast, soup for dinner, etc. There are a few restaurants just down the street including Pikes. Probably as good a rate as any this time of year.

I have stayed at both Pike's and The Golden North. Pike's is fancier. The Golden North is more convenient. It is walking distance to Freddies. They both have a shuttle. When I was working on the TAPS, they would put us up at most anywhere we wanted. I never had a bad stay at either place. I hope this helps.

The Aspen is a few minute walk from Fred's West. Probably the most convenient for shuttles.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Thanks for all the help guys.. I booked at Pike's. Good price, good recomendations from you guys and, it's on the water. Being a fisherman water is like a magnet to me. Ken