Thread: Hangar space for rent

Default Hangar space for rent

Hello,

I am looking into renting some hangar space for a pitts S2B (pitts aircraft take up very little space) possibly by next summer and was wondering if anyone has some extra floor space in their hangar they would want to rent out for around 140$/month (I dont need to rent an entire hangar just enough for the pitts S2B) on a paved run way (preferably birchwood, but palmer or wasilla would be good too), Merril would be ideal but I can not afford to pay a trillion dollars a month for hangar space and buy the pitts.

Just storage or r u planning to fly regularly? If just storing I've got some room. U can pm me.

For some reason it says I can not send a PM, I dont have permissions or something. Anyways I would be planning on flying the aircraft on a somewhat regular basis (probably once a weekend to keep the oil circulated and the seals lubricated and keep up with my skills). I am VERY excited that there are people that have extra space I am super excited to start aerobatic flying, if you want go ahead and PM me with your email.

My situation would only work if you needed long term storage. If you are flying regularly you would have to move one of my airplanes to get it out and in. Not at all feasible. Sorry I couldn't help. I think you will have to spend about double that on hangar rent for what you want. Actually, I really think it will be more like $500/mo or more if you find some. That's just a guess though. Long term storage is a little more doable.
    Good Luck!

Thank you for the reply, I hope I dont have to move out of state to do this, I know Jon Melby that flew at the air show pays about 140$ to share hangar space in arizona I dont understand why hangar space up here is so outragious. I am hoping the economy drives the prices WAY down but I have yet to see that happen yet, right now the hangar space is pretty much cost prohibitive to flying in alaska with a plane that needs to be hangared. Now the trick will be to convince the wife to leave lol.

Default Why space costs more ...

If you fly in the winter, just opening the door can run up the natural gas bills, I have talked to people that actually have done it. Hangers up here cost more than the lower 48 because of snow load requirements and insulation. I will be into my new 45 x 45 hanger by Sept 1st, the boat and plane fit easily. We are paying cash for the unit but condo dues are about $1100 per qtr (taxes, land lease, mgmt fees & snowplow)and then you have utilities (gas and electric) on top of that. I think that gas & electric will average $100.00 per month, more in the winter.