Thread: Kids Hunting Clothing??

Default Kids Hunting Clothing??

Where can I find kids sized hunting clothing? My son (12 yrs old) is living with me now and I'm gonna take him hunting with me. Can anyone here direct me somewhere that sells kids sized hunting clothes. He's thin as a rail and weighs 96lbs soaking wet. I've looked at Sportsmans Warehouse but they don't have very much especially warm clothing. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!!

H
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

I would just go to REI and pick him up good outdoor clothing. Most animals in AK don't care about camo and your kid will have more fun if he is comfortable. If you are set on camo then mail order is likely your best bet w/ cabelas leading the way on that front. I have outfitted my kids w/ a variety of cheap clothing including poly shirts and pants from walmart, marmot precip jackets from the sale rack at Freddies etc.

Agree with LuJon on his points about getting comfortable gear versus camo patterns and also mail order might be your best way if you are confident on correct sizing. Checking out the discount sections of the major outdoor retailers can usually snag you some great deals. Another possible option is Camofire.com--- it is a great discount site to check out if you don't already frequent it--about 3 days ago they had Lucky Bum kids clothing as one of their clearance specials--you might want to go to their website and send them an email if they still have anything left over--sometimes after their deal of the day goes down they still have some items left for whatever reason and if you contact them they are real helpful.

I also carry along my apple iphone on trips to REI just to check prices against online retailers and specifically www.sierratradingpost.com They have amazing deals that allow me to have more "high end" gear than I could ever afford paying full retail.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well, having a bunch of 12 year olds and others around to out fit....

i buy them the rain gear from cabelias... with the cloth on the out side and put warm clothes underneaith...

the breathable rain gear cuts wind rain and is warm but not to hot for them to use as daily wear while out in the field...

long jons socks and fleece underneath and they are normally happy... with a pair of shorts or to for hanging out in camp..

as the 12 year olds will only fit if for about 5 more minutes get them comfortable stuff as cheap as i can... the older one thats nearly done growing is getting some good hear this year that should finish out her pack

light and warm is the key for the kids... keep them warm they are happy...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I picked up my youngin some Browning PreVent off the sale rack at Frontier. Its great stuff but I wouldn't suggest paying full retail. They do make a pretty full line of kids hunting clothing but it can be fearfully expensive.

I also agree that full camo is not really req'd. REI in Anchorage has some good stuff and I've ordered some from Sierra Trading as well.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I'll hit up REI. I'm not too concerned about the camo effect. Mainly want him comfortable and warm. I have some old BDU's he can throw on over the warm stuff to blend in. Thanks again.

H
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

How about kid sized Carhartts with rain gear over them?
    Now what ?

I bought my son Cabela's insulated dry plus silent suede jacket and bibs. They kept him warm and dry running hundreds of miles on the Kuskokwim and stomping around the tundra. When he out grew them, I passed them on to my best buddy's kids, they are now on kid number 4 after 10 years of total life and still doing a good job. I recommend them highly.