Thread: Anchorage stocked lakes

Default Anchorage stocked lakes

Just moved to Anchorage. I have been to the Kenai twice already, and found that I really didn't like fishing with my kids there. Too many ways for them to get killed. Are the lakes here in Anchorage worth fishing? I'd like for them to catch a grayling or char, something we didn't have in Arizona. I am pretty busy at work right now, but the kids keep begging to go fishing. Any suggestions?

The lake at the entrance to Kincaid Park, can't think of the name, is great for kids. I'm sure there are some bigger fish in there, but small rainbows are plentiful off the the little pier there. You can also wander across/along the lake and fish, stand on the logs/sticks people have tossed along the bogs. Klunie Lake on Fort Richardson has rainbows all over it also, again not the biggest in the world, bit consistent action.

Forgot to add- turn off at Hope Jct and head down there. Well worth it with kids, we've been down there twice over the past couple weeks. Once my six yr old and myself, other time was with my wife, 3 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son... much easier to fish than Kenai with kids/family than Kenai.