Thread: Benelli SBE II vs. Vinci

Default Benelli SBE II vs. Vinci

I am considering purchasing one of these soon. If possible I would like to try shooting them before I purchase it. Is there anyone who owns these guns and willing to let me try them at a range in Anchorage/ER area (namely Rabbit Creek, Birchwood or Fort Richardson)?

Also if you have any experiences with either of these shotguns and would like to share your thoughts--pros and cons--I would welcome your feedback.

Regards,

I haven't shot either but I have been drooling over the new Venci! I love the way it can be taken down to small modular components. It looks like it would be perfect for breaking down and tossing in a pack to haul out on a sled into alpine ptarmigan country.

Then vinci only shoots 2 3/4 and 3's. Cmon 1500 bucks and I cant run a 3 1/2 through it. My buddy has a SBE II and it is a awesome gun. I bought a Winchester SX3 and it's been awesome too. 500 bucks cheaper than the Benelli's too.

Yhc, I'll pipe in here and give a thumbs up for the SBE II. I've never shot a Vinci but if I were going to invest that much money I'd like to have the option of shooting 3 1/2's vs being limited to 3's and under. Its easy to get wrapped around the fast break down capabilities of the Vinci but I can say anyone who has been around a shotgun long enough understands that any auto shotgun is easy to break down. I can easily take mine apart in under a minute. Its a simple twist and pull and the gun is broke down. Also, its not a race to break down or setup the gun so my recommendation is to go with the SBE II...you won't regret it.

I have a SBE II and it has been a great gun. I would hold off on the Vinci because it doesn't have the ability to shoot 31/2 shells.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Personally I have never shot 3 1/2" shells. How often do you guys shoot 3 1/2" shells for water fowl hunting?

personally I mainly shoot 3's but I always have some 3 1/2s incase some geese or sandhills are flying. I like having the option. Its better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.