Thread: Leupold 2.5 FX-II Ultralight scope for the 416 Rem.

Default Leupold 2.5 FX-II Ultralight scope for the 416 Rem.

Does anyone have experience with the Leupold 2.5 FX-II Ultralight rifle scope on your guns for hunting...close range (less than 200 yds) I have one on my 416 Rem and plan to use it for bear and moose, It seems to be pretty nice and comes highly recommended by some. Sure is nice and light...6.5 oz. I use it with Warne quick release rings and bases. I also have a Luppy 1.5-5 VX-III that I have used on the 416.

Thanks for the help

Silver Tip
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no other place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." ...Ronald Reagan.....please never forget this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Tip View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Leupold 2.5 FX-II Ultralight rifle scope on your guns for hunting...close range (less than 200 yds) I have one on my 416 Rem and plan to use it for bear and moose, It seems to be pretty nice and comes highly recommended by some. Sure is nice and light...6.5 oz. I use it with Warne quick release rings and bases. I also have a Luppy 1.5-5 VX-III that I have used on the 416.

Thanks for the help

Silver Tip
    I've used them on 30/30, 45/70 and a UL 308. No worries or problems IMO. I gave one to a good friend's son before last deer season to mount on his slug gun and the boy is in love. He used it to kill his first deer last fall and has been planning the demise of others this season.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I have one on a 375 and have used them for years.....great little scope and plenty for big game.

I had one on a .308 carbine for several years. Great scope and completely suitable for big game hunting. Eye relief is absolutely phenomal.

Incidentally made my longest shot on a deer with that setup- a measured 276 yards.

Just ordered one this morning for my .338.