Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Deshka Silvers?

  1. #1
    Member PPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    168

    Default Deshka Silvers?

    i went to the deshka last sunday and did fairly well (for gettin there at 10) with three fish for three people. lots of pinks, so overall a fun time. i then came back thursday early and was there by six thirty thinking it would be great fishing. there were only two boats at the mouth and barely any action. then we went upriver and found even less. what is the reasoning for this? are silvers in the deshka done already?

  2. #2

    Default

    They are allowed to get through the nets in Spurts. When the nets are in the water, you will have zip in the river. Right now is one of the zip times. The very first few days of the run is normally the best. It takes a few days for the bio's to get things figured out and call in the nets. Last week was that time.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3
    Member polarisblake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wa-stupid
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Got there today at around 8 this morning and were gone by 11 with our six silvers. We were at the mouth and saw several other boats picking up fish. I will say though that most people coming back with limits were coming from upstream.

  4. #4
    Member PPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    168

    Default

    anyone who went to the deshka today please post reports. i would like to go early next week if it is still good.

  5. #5
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    They are allowed to get through the nets in Spurts. When the nets are in the water, you will have zip in the river. Right now is one of the zip times. The very first few days of the run is normally the best. It takes a few days for the bio's to get things figured out and call in the nets. Last week was that time.
    or theres a chance they might not be biting. don't look now but a batch got thru cause polarisblake just limited

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •