Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Creek

Anchorage, Alaska, United States, 106199619411091, Anchorage, Alaska

Default Sunshine Creek

I was just reading on the AOJ site about Sunshine Creek - I've never heard of this creek, can someone tell me where it is and provide directions? Thanks ...

I think it's just past the Talkeetna spur road off of the Parks on the right before the bridge. It's been a long time since I've been there. I could have this all wrong.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

your right but dont spread it to everyone you know its a little secret hole, and when i mean secret people know about it but not ever is it packed i have never been there with more than only 15 other anglers

I remember back in the day, when this REALLY was a secret hole. I never saw more than 2-3 other people. Then they started mentioning it on the fishing reports, and it turned into a zoo. It has calmed down since the early 90's, but still far busier than it used to be.

yea but it was only one time when i saw about 15 and it was reaally like 3 families, but normally its barely anyone. its nice and peaceful. But do you think it would be good fishing this weekend for silvers there cause im going and want to know what to expect

hell all the honey holes are gone
    We used to drive to the mouth of Sheep creek thru some muddy 4 wheel drive road,,but now...i dont share my secrets
    i keep notes and a journal...and i do my own exploring..Oughtta try it sometime

yup pretty much can't go anywhere anymore with out running into a bunch of people. There's still a few, and I mean few, less popular spots.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Do you think it would be worth the trip to go out there tommorrow morning

I heard that place is good...I would try it.

Notice how many folks are at the creek in the first minute of this video http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...cb037d9719ad8c

It still has days solitude and chrome looking silvers, no secret its in the Highway Angler.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Love your videos Jedi...keep 'em comin!
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    I heard that place is good...I would try it.

Notice how many folks are at the creek in the first minute of this video http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...cb037d9719ad8c

It still has days solitude and chrome looking silvers, no secret its in the Highway Angler.

He knows a thing or two....

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I've been wondering about this for several years, always heard the fishing is good up there, but never had the gas money/time to check it out...

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Love your videos Jedi...keep 'em comin!
    I'm w/ Raptor! Its my dream someday I'll be in one

Waiting for it to pick up... fished 3-5 hours each day for the last couple of days & seem to pick up on average 1 a day. Haven't made it down to montana, goose, caswell slough, or sheep creek in the last week or so though.

Yeah I was up there yesterday for a few hours, and only managed one red. There is a few fish in there but not worth putting up with road construction to get there in my opinion. I would wait til there is more fishing in there. It isn't much more then a snaggin hole in my book. Take pixies!

me and my family went there on saturday with a friend, and i got an average silver, my sis whos nine got a small silover, my dad got a huge and i mean like 12 pound red, and our friends caught a 12 pound silver. I could have got another but it spit the hook near shore, and i missed a bite on soaking egges at the bottom.
    But i have a question, when did the creek change so much because i remember when you could follow the trail that parallels the creek all the way to where it met the big su and that where the clear water met the dirty water, the real confluence anyone know when or why this changed. But its still good fishing there cause thats were i caught my silver soaking eggs and there are fishing constantly surfacing over there still.

Default snaggin hole?

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    Yeah I was up there yesterday for a few hours, and only managed one red. There is a few fish in there but not worth putting up with road construction to get there in my opinion. I would wait til there is more fishing in there. It isn't much more then a snaggin hole in my book. Take pixies!
    haha i always here this from my wife..."Your not doing it right"

I would fish in-line spinners( I use large one #6 blue particular for me) silvers are very aggressive to them and will come from as far as 15 feet to slam them...excellent place for sight fishing too see how your lure works and how trhe fish react...ask Big Cox...I would leave the snaggin thoughts at home. I can show you how this weekend If you want to meet me there on my way back from Klutina?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    haha i always here this from my wife..."Your not doing it right"

I would fish in-line spinners( I use large one #6 blue particular for me) silvers are very aggressive to them and will come from as far as 15 feet to slam them...excellent place for sight fishing too see how your lure works and how trhe fish react...ask Big Cox...I would leave the snaggin thoughts at home. I can show you how this weekend If you want to meet me there on my way back from Klutina?
    Jedi, you headed to Klutina this weekend? I was thinking about it but have heard anyone say it's picked up.

why people post where they are fishing on the interweb is beyond me
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Why not? Your foolish if you think your the only one that knows about the spots you go to any way. And furhter more it is not like you own the places either.

I also might like to point out that if you share with otheres they might share with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast