Thread: Dg477

Default Dg477

Can anyone provide info on the sout Kodiak goat hunt? where they went, who they flew with, weather conditions, time of year and so on?
    you can PM me or email me at ak5505@gci.net

Thanks in advance

Anyone that drew DS204 late season DCUA drop me aline I can help, first come first served

I hunted 477 last year and it is a great area. There are about six high lakes that you can fly into as well as a couple of saltwater locations and some larger lakes at lower elevation. We hunted the last few days of September and first few of October from one of the lower lakes. It was still pretty warm them and the weather was poor with a lot of rain and fog. Because of the fog and clouds we only had two days that we could go up the mountain after goats. On Kodiak you can run in to any kind of weather so bring good gear. I would try to hunt in early October because the goat's hair is in good shape then. My goat had hair that was 5-6" long in places and looked a lot better than some of the August goats I have seen. If you start looking at much later than mid-October some of the high lakes can freeze up. Get in touch with Rolan at Seahawk Air and he will take care of you. Rolan likes to hunt goats himself and he knows where they are at.

Default info

Thanks for the info, could you email me what lake he put you down on and what he charged last year? How did you get to Kodiak

PM is inbound. Please disregard the duplicate PM.

Default chisana

Chisana-
    I'd like to learn more, too. Thanks.
    Great info. I've heard good things about Rolan!
    jmfick@gmail.com