Thread: mounting trolling motor on a HB freighter

Default mounting trolling motor on a HB freighter

Has anyone mounted a trolling motor on a HB freighter? Doesn't seem to be room beside my honda 20HP honda .And it seems it trolls to quickly with the 20 honda

Bow3.jpgI might suggest a bow mount as I did on my drift boat, where ther's a will theres a way.
    Bow1.jpg
    I'll hold on to my Bible & my Guns, you can keep the change!!!

Sea anchor my freind! Make your self a sea anchor! Great navagational tool and you can fine tune your speed for trolling. Check out my post in the Do it yourself section.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default you can mount them both

Quote Originally Posted by grit View Post
    Has anyone mounted a trolling motor on a HB freighter? Doesn't seem to be room beside my honda 20HP honda .And it seems it trolls to quickly with the 20 honda
    I did that one time, and likely my tohatsu 15 is same size as your 20, and my Albany transom might be same size as your HB.

I went 40 miles with them both on there but then got a little worried the outboard clamps didn't get enough bite so I haven't since. But you can do it in a pinch for sure.

On my old Sears AL double ender I mounted the electic troller on the side when I needed/wanted it. Turned it around so the handle pointed at me and ran it in reverse. MinnKota 35lb, quite a bit of vertical adjustment in the shaft and the head went full around. May not work for you.

Sea anchor or a bucket....