Thread: Rifles Inc. info.

Default Rifles Inc. info.

I am looking at purchasing either a new or used Rifles inc. rifle and was looking for feedback from forum members about these rifles. I have a friend in FBKS who owns one and loves it, is anyone else familiar with these rifles. I am also interested in purchasing a used one of these rifles. Thanks!

I own a Lex Webernicki (?sp) Rifles Inc. rifle and have used it for sheep hunting for at least 10 years with complete satisfaction ..... after I had it rebarreled by Dana Campbell of Mountain Rifles Inc. Over all I think there is a good chance you will be satisfied. I think I just got a bad barrel. I am not sure what kind of barrels Lex uses (?Lilja). Dana used mostly Bill Weisman barrels. Lex does have a lot of satisfied and repeat customers.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Airguide. First Stop Guns has four Rifles Inc. custom guns on their site right now. The 7 Rem mag is a great gun. I would be interested in it but the danged Coopers have made me into a worshipping Rifle loony. I can't see myself straying from their lineup. Snowwolfe who is often on this site has done a lot of business with them. The two used 300 Win and 7 Rem are steals and the 338 Win Mag is not a bad price either.

BTW - Watch the Alaska Experiment with Paul Claus. I have never seen a flyweight 338 kick as little as the Rifles Inc. used to hunt goats on the show. It was flawless. I have often wondered if that is the one down at First Stop. Good luck and good hunting.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

If you decide to contact Mark at First Stop you will be pleased. Man of his word and a pleasure to do business with. A better person to do business with can not be found.
    Tennessee

THANKS FOR THE HEADSUP, I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH FIRST STOP , HOW DO i GET AHOLD OF THEM? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP.

They have a website but they put all of their guns on the guns america website to sell. Their store is in Rapid City SD, if you ever get there it is worth the stop. Probably the best gunshop I have ever been to.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboku68 View Post
    Airguide. First Stop Guns has four Rifles Inc. custom guns on their site right now. The 7 Rem mag is a great gun. I would be interested in it but the danged Coopers have made me into a worshipping Rifle loony. I can't see myself straying from their lineup. Snowwolfe who is often on this site has done a lot of business with them. The two used 300 Win and 7 Rem are steals and the 338 Win Mag is not a bad price either.

BTW - Watch the Alaska Experiment with Paul Claus. I have never seen a flyweight 338 kick as little as the Rifles Inc. used to hunt goats on the show. It was flawless. I have often wondered if that is the one down at First Stop. Good luck and good hunting.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

The rifle used in the above mentioned show was not a Rifles Inc company rifle. It was a Mark Bansners rifle!!

Tennessee

Cool Rifles Inc. Correction!

[/QUOTE]
    Sincerely,
    Thomas[/QUOTE]

The 338 that was used in the Alaska Experiment was made by Bansers Ultimate Rifles! It's called The Sheep Hunter It's made from scaluped 700 Action! It was also discontinued 3 years ago. It was replaced by The Ultimate Ovis weighing in at about 6.25 lbs.