Thread: Looking for a beagle stud

Default Looking for a beagle stud

Does anyone out there have/or know of someone who owns a male beagle that they would use for stud service? I own a female beagle. She is from a good hunting line, and I would like to find a male beagle who is also from hunting stock. I appreciate any replies. Thanks.

I got one. I dont have his papers though. I had them but never mailed them in to get him registered. He is bluetick colored. He has Brankos Jack of all trades, turbo by prop in him. He is a just a hair over 15" tall. Heck of a rabbit dog.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

(here is the preachy part) Is your dog registered with all the health clearances and you have 6-8 people who want puppies?

If the answer is YES.
    Go here
    http://www.ukcdogs.com/BGSelect.nsf/MainCurrent?Open
    http://clubs.akc.org/NBC/field_trial_clubs.htm#A
    There doesn't seem to be anything official in Alaska not to say that there isn't a good field pedigreed beagle out there but if you want to be sure of a solid lineage go through a club. Any of the good stud owners are going to have the ability to collect semen and ship it. Going through a club is safer than just some independent Joe with a beagle though not fool proof. I know of some poodle/greyhounds in Eagle River produced from vet collected semen and vet inseminated. Must have been a typo. Sound pedigree and a sound dog is really important. Some people in Alaska aren’t that picky and I know of a “breeder” here that sells $200-$400 labs, no papers and several ended up with bad hips and some ended in the shelter when people threw them away. There are at least 5 labs in the shelter at any given time. We see beagles infrequently in the Mat-Su shelter which leads me to believe there no one is breeding them regularly.
    I've neglected the UKC and beagles so this gave me a chance to research it and I'll look for more and add it to Alaska Dog News. Http://www.alaskadognews.com

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I got one. I dont have his papers though. I had them but never mailed them in to get him registered. He is bluetick colored. He has Brankos Jack of all trades, turbo by prop in him. He is a just a hair over 15" tall. Heck of a rabbit dog.
    Great! Thanks for the reply Rimfire Matt. Do you have a way that I could get in touch with you?