Thread: Dune Lake

Default Dune Lake

I am thinking about a fly in trip to Dune lake to do a little flyfishing with my son. Does anyone have any feed back on this lake? I have heard that it holds some nice rainbows and grayling.

Scott F

Lots of rainbows and grayling along with some small stocked silver salmon. Well worth the money if you are thinking about going with Rick Gold. We caught a lot of fish on our trip there.

Thanks Armo AK, we are going with Rick Gold and I am glad to hear that it is worth the money. Did you fish on top or with sinking line. We are thinking that we will take both with us. Any tips on what worked well?

Scott F

Any type of baitfish or small bug seemed to be pretty good. The lake isn't that deep and most fish we caught were around weed beds. There were just a lot of fish and it seemed if you got something flashy in front of them they would hit. I'd bring sinking as well as floating, you can always troll with a sink tip if things get slow or if you get tired of casting. Talk to Rick about his pike spots too. Tons of fun on top water.

not so hot this year i here.
    Tim