Thread: Pedro Dome

Default Pedro Dome

I was thinking of taking the kids out to do some panning at Pedro Dome and was wondering if anyone had any experience there. I'm not looking to get rich, but was wondering if I can reasonably expect to find anything just panning?
    Brandon

I've panned there a few times over the years and have yet to find anything you could call worthwhile. All we ever really found were tiny garnets.

Default Good spot

In my experience it's hard not to find a little gold there. Usually one or two little pieces in every pan, sometimes 0, sometimes 5. They're almost all tiny, less than 1/2mm in size. You could probably do it all day and not have $5 worth of gold, but if all you want is to see a little something golden in the pan it's a good spot.
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

you also have to be careful I had a friend bring me some stuff he found out there you know that little shiny silver metallic stuff that likes to roll around or splatter.. he got mercury out of some of the tailings I think around the back of the big mound out there so be carefull and watch for it.

Always find a little color there! Fun for the kids none the less!

My best friend has gotten some nice color there. He takes a small sluice and last summer he got almost a penny weight which isn't much, but its fun!

Are you guys talking about the place along the road by the monument, or some place else?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.