Thread: don't forget to reord those catches.... troopers have been busy with citations...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default don't forget to reord those catches.... troopers have been busy with citations...

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Awesome..

Glad to see this. Too many dipnetters "forget" to record their harvest.

Talked to law enforcement down there a week ago. If you get pulled over anywhere on the Peninsula and have a dipnet showing, you will be asked to show tails that are clipped and a tag filled out. Be forwarned!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

On July 27, 2010 AWT contacted ***** ****, 42 of Anchorage, at the
    Kenai River trail head after receiving a complaint of Ison snagging fish
    on the upper Kenai River. Investigation revealed that Ison had been
    snagging for salmon using a weighted treble hook and also had harvested
    11 red salmon over his sport fishing limit. Ison was issued citations
    for attempting to snag and for over limit. Bail was set at $440.00.
    haha feggit go back to texas
    Last edited by Brian M; 07-30-2010 at 11:52. Reason: name removed per forum rules

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Jisler, though many may share the same thoughts on the issue... we ******* out peoples names rather then post them on the open net... we also try to keep the name calling to a minimum... even if they are...

thanks
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default FM has the best donuts??

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Talked to law enforcement down there a week ago. If you get pulled over anywhere on the Peninsula and have a dipnet showing, you will be asked to show tails that are clipped and a tag filled out. Be forwarned!!!!
    The Fred Meyer in Soldotna is both a favorite spot for dipnetters to gas up, and a favorite place for the troopers to check dipnetters. I bet they check more dippers there than on the beach.

If you're cruisin' by there make sure to stop at Buckets, right across the road from FM. They have the killermost wings - in many flavors - I'd recommend the Honey/Habanero wings with their blue cheese dip. And a local's tip too: before going there cruise thru Carrs/Safeway parking lot and pick up someone's receipt/trash in the parking lot and its almost sure to have a 2for1 special coupon on the back of the receipt for the Bucket's killer wings.

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    So they think they have the right to give me a ticket if I have a dipnet in my truck and 6 sport caught reds in a cooler? Good luck enforcing that.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPenetration View Post
    So they think they have the right to give me a ticket if I have a dipnet in my truck and 6 sport caught reds in a cooler? Good luck enforcing that.
    The first question is "Have you been dipnetting?" and if you answer yes they keep asking more; if you say no, they can't ask any more questions. The guy that checked me still did albeit apologetically. I almost told him that I didn't have any fishing license nor dipnet harvest permit because I wanted to patronize the store closest to where I would dipnet, but instead I showed him all my papers as a favor to him; likely his boss counts his daily interactions with the public...