Thread: hunt test pictures

Default hunt test pictures

Hey everyone, Banks got a pass at the hunt test this past weekend but to be honest it sure wasn't pretty. He brought all the birds back to hand...heck, he even tried to bring a stump back until he realized it wasn't a bird. On the last retrieve he had some trouble finding the bird using both eyes but once he found the bird the wing was covering his eyes however he swam/ran right back to me and heel'd to my side...go figure

Baron gave me a helpful hint of running shorter marks after seeing Banks run long on the first bird. Up to this point in training we have started to stretch things out and run longer marks when in reality I should have been running both. So that is my lesson learned for this past hunt test. I'm still learning a lot and we have a long way to go. Well, here are the pictures and if anyone has any lessons learned feel free to chime in.

here is the picture of the wing over his eyes

Richie

Congratulations Richie and Banks! Great pictures!!! Was that the HRC test? Hope to see you and Banks in more tests next year!

Juli
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Way to go Richie and Banks!

Jim

Here are some of Lynch at one of the HRC hunt tests this past summer. Also Lynch got his first 2 master passes this summer in the AKC spaniel hunt test series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Bark,bark,bark,sniff,sniff,bark,and bark" - Lynchs Blue Roan Lynch E.C.K.