Thread: Silver opportunity in Anchorage...

Default Silver opportunity in Anchorage...

My August assignment covering the silver salmon fishery in Bristol Bay has left me in somewhat of quandry coming back down to the Lower 48. Simply put, my schedule does not allow me to check fish due to being dead-ended in Seattle and having to overnight and not catching a flight until the following day to make it all the way down to Florida. That's the way the cards fell.

On the way down from King Salmon I am scheduled to stop in Anchorage for 80 minutes until I connect for segments for my return home. This is a window of opportunity for any Forum member who lives in Anchorage. I will have silvers, and I can check them for the Anchorage drop.

I need someone to run them to 10th and M for processing for me. Regulations prohibit me from bartering some of the catch to you for this service, but I can certainly work out other forms of compensation for this assistance.

The date is August 16th, Monday, at 6:10 pm.

E-mail me at alaskanauthor@comcast.net if you have an interest.

Thanks...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Bern,
    I've used Kens Baggage at SeaTac with no problems. His hours are like from 5AM to 12:30AM. Very cold freezer.
    http://www.kensbaggage.com/
    I have had mixed results with 10th & M, but if you insist. I might (should) be able to pick your fish up. I am returning from JUNEAU on the 15th, so a weather delay is possible.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Thanks for the information. I did not know Seattle had freezer storage in the airport. Chances are good I just might make it home with checked product. I still would like to drop some product in Anchorage for rendering, and have one forum member who expressed an interest in transit, though I am waiting for his confirmation. He did steer me away from 10th and M, and I have not used them for many, many years.

I would be willing to work with any forum member in Anchorage who smokes or cans fish if any reader has an interest. It has been years since I've had decent squaw. What I bring home is dependent on input at this point and is appreciated.

Rosenberg/Florida

Please send me your cell # alaskanauthor@comcast.net
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"