Thread: Frame work

Default Frame work

Does anyone have a good place they take their wheelers to, to have some rusted out spots on the frame patched?

Second, any ideas where I could find a used 93 Honda fourtrax 300 frame for my upcoming winter project?

I hate to say it, but you probably won't find anyone that will touch it professionally. There is too much liability in fixing atv frames these days. So many machines are abused and there is no guarantee how the end user is going to abuse it. If you seriously injure yourself or kill yourself when that frame breaks doing 50mph, someone is going to want someone to blame.

I dont see you having a problem getting a frame rewelded or even gussetted. Be best if it's stripped down well in a welders eyes. I've been happy with Superior Machine and Weld.
    As for a other frame call Dean at AllSports. Atv/snowmachine salvage out by Mirror Lake exit. If not there Eagle River atv salvage.

Thanks guys...my current bike is a 93, it's got some pretty narly rust holes in a cpl place so I was gonna strip it down see if I could get it welded up if it's cost effective. If not I was thinking bout rebuilding it in a new frame. Then after that I think it'd be fun to build another one, and sell my other quad. We'll see. Thanks again for the info.

Try Gary's Welding on the palmer Wasilla highway. He has done this type of work and comes highly recommended. I see no reason why a competent weilder could not fix it. I have a frame break on my ATV as well.... I have a weklder lined up..
    After all truck frames and trailer frames get welded and modified all the time....
    regards....

reuben...
    Last edited by reuben_j_cogburn; 11-18-2010 at 18:43. Reason: bad typing!!