Thread: Impertech modifications

Default Impertech modifications

My only complaint with my Impertech parka has been that I would like a set of pit zips. Has anybody tried to add these? Any suggestions on who/how to attempt it?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Daveintheburbs View Post
    My only complaint with my Impertech parka has been that I would like a set of pit zips. Has anybody tried to add these? Any suggestions on who/how to attempt it?
    Thanks,
    Dave
    I think adding pit-zips would be next to impossible. I have however, thought about adding two of those little brass o-ring holes in each pit. You remember those little brass rings that were found on the inside of the ankle on old basketball shoes, I've seen them on hats and jackets (pit areas) too. I'm sure you could find those somewhere. They would be much easier to add.

ya mean like a tarp grommet?.....those kits are cheap and easy

Quote Originally Posted by highcountry View Post
    ya mean like a tarp grommet?.....those kits are cheap and easy
    Exactly, grommet was the word I was looking for. But the tarp one would likely be too large. I was thinking of the fairly small ones. They might help a little bit. And your right, they would be very easy to apply.

Default OK

Go to your handy fabric store and ask for eyelets, they come in all colors. They use them in sewing and are very inexpensive even with the purchase of an eyelet tool.
    STAY COOL !!!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !