Has always been my dream to get a coastal brown bear. I've been to AK twice but live on the East Coast. I obviously have to have a guided hunt and am prepared to make the finacial investment to do so as it's something I've been saving up for for a while.
My questions are:
1. Is there a "best" overall location to go? Kodiak, AK Penninsula, Dillingham, out of Homer?
2. Time: Is Spring or Fall better? Are my chances of getting a bear greater at one or the other times?
3. Any suggestions on finding an outfitter? There seems to be a lot out there. Some are 18,000 some are 11,000...what's the difference? There seem to be a lot on Cabelas.com...anyone had any experience with any of these or are there any outfitters you can recommend?
4. Some sites say your sucess rate is 90% on average...is this pretty accurate or is it higher or lower?
5. How many days do you recommend for the hunt...5, 8, 10, 15?