Thread: Avgas stolen at Birchwood last Friday night

Default Avgas stolen at Birchwood last Friday night

Heads up .... flew the c180 Friday to empty the pilot side tank so that we could reattach some clips that support the bladder, Saturday at 12:30, afternoon I see that the passenger side which was full was empty. We fixed the tank but left the tanks empty and I reported it to the Anchorage Police Dept.

I know that you should leave the tanks full when you have bladders but I will not give away avgas at about $4.30/gal. to anyone that wants to stop by at night and pump it out.

It seems like thieves are targeting aviation at small airports more frequently. I spend a lot of ime at Birchwood and will start casually questioning people I see doing things that look suspicious. I'm not a police officer but most thieves if challeneged will leave a least for a while. I'm glad your aircraft wasn't damaged.

Little punks with their Subaru dragsters, probably.

You are not the only one. Some others had tanks drained a week before that at bcv. Time to put up cameras.

Default get them good

I'd leave some out again for the thieves with some sugar in it and see how that works for them

Default Ultimate solution

We just decided to buy a hanger ...

The sugar in the gas could kill someone in an airplane, just being good neighbors could probably help the situation. Also if you see somthing that does not look right just go over and ask a few questions. Is ther such a thing as "neighborhood watch" for airports?