Thread: The Old Jetcraft

Default The Old Jetcraft

A week ago my wife & I pulled the old jetboat(my father & I used to take it out a couple times a year in the early 90s until I disappeared to the service & college) out of storage after 17 years of setting in the weather. I found the old canvas & attempted to assemble that. Looked rough, part of the frame was broken & one section was severely deformed, so the canvas & frame will get replaced(professionally)... We've pulled floorboards out... all of them, about half were rotten & in a lot of places there was more moss than carpet. Thinking of putting in rhinolined diamond plate. Looking over the engine I've realized that I'm not sure a lot of what I'm looking at. I do most all of my maintenance on my truck, wheelers & snowmachines, so I think even fairly serious jobs short of machining I will be able to tackle with a bit of guidance from the experts here. I've torn this boat down about as far as I think I'm going to, will be posting some pictures soon, & really look forward to any input as to what & how this will go back together. What I know... its ~20' Jetcraft appx from the mid 80s, 351 (I think) & a Turbodrive model 750 jet unit. Can't wait to get it back together & take it out on the water... hopefully before the end of fall...
    Regards-
    Patrick

Here's my first attempt at posting pictures...
    A before & after...

This is minus the seats...

After floorboards are pulled out...

Looks like a fun project! You planning on using the old floorboards for templates to make new ones? What kind of floor are you going to put back in it, wood or diamond plate? I would imagine you will need new steering and throttle cables, check the wiring, tune up the motor, do a shake down run at a local lake, then maybe you will get a chance to put a couple late silvers in the fish box!

After sitting that long you might check the foam carefully to make sure it isn't waterlogged.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Looks like a fun project.

Any idea what you'll use to replace the foam if it's old and disintegrating? Just wondering for my own rebuild project.

I know this is an old thread but are there any updates?