Thread: Builders in Talkeetna area?

Default Builders in Talkeetna area?

Anyone have any experience with builders in Talkeetna area?

I am not having a good time dealing with my current guy out of Talkeetna.

Since I can't PM you yet, I'll say that John Gorley w/ GI Builders is doing work up there right now I believe. Hopefully that is not who you have working currently... I can't vouch for him personally, but know a couple of people who work for him and have never heard anything bad.

AKDoug is probably your best source on good locals...if you can PM him.

dkwarthog - thanks for the suggestion. I am not currently working with John Gorley - is he out of Talkeetna or from somewhere else.

I am currently dealing with Zach Blumner with Birch Creek Builders.

I believe John lives between willow and sunshine. I just happen to know that he is or was building a home in the Talkeentna area as of a few weeks ago.

I can't speak about Birch Creek Builders other than to say that I inspected a garage/cabin combo they built in my area about 6 years ago. I've seen worse and seen better...I know, precisely useless information. Good luck getting things sorted out. I'm dealing with a bit of a contractor snafu on a shop project I'm working on so I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by BE GRN View Post
    I am currently dealing with Zach Blumner with Birch Creek Builders.
    I attempted to contact Birch Creek Builders last winter to get a quote on a cabin but they never responded to messages I left. They must have plenty to do.

I own the local building supply place. I have to tread lightly at times.

• GI Builders, which is John Gorley and Fred Ickes are good. I've known Fred for nearly 30 years now..office in Houston 892-2014.
    • All Aspects Construction is a guy named Tim Bradley..he worked on Upstream's (a member here) place and I do a ton of business with him cell 841-8054. (He's out of state at a wedding for this week but is answering his cell)..
    • Eagle Wing Enterprises..Wayne Woller..I've known Wayne for a long time. 733-2349
    You can P.M. me here for other guys. I know more guys that are licensed and unlicensed depending on what you need done. If any of my contractor guys are lurking and reading this.. I probably left you off the list because I knew you were busy..particularly Vern, Jack, Dave and Dave and the other Dave.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I see you are a new member and can't recieve PM's yet. Call our store at 733-2327 and leave a message for me, Doug, and I will get back to you A.S.A.P. I don't want to leave my cell number on this forum for obvious reasons
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Call our store at 733-2327 and leave a message for me, Doug, and I will get back to you A.S.A.P. I don't want to leave my cell number on this forum for obvious reasons
    Doug,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give you a call when I can get my head above water from work. Hopefully tomorrow or next day.

Tim Bradley is a good guy. Also, Bob Jenks. He is out of Wasilla but I know he has been up there the last few weeks working on one. I have seen pics of his work, and it looks great. Super great guy. If you would like his number, let me know.