Thread: 10-17 August

Default 10-17 August

Hi all. I will be fishing/camping on the Kenai and in Seward 10-17 August. We have a halibut charter booked on the 14th and would like to roadside fish the kenai from 11-13 and hopefully the 15-17th. I know this is not the ideal time but it is the only time we could get our vacation.

My question is what can we expect for reds, pinks, and silvers during this time? And should we also look at fishing the Russian river.

Thanks in advance for any information or insight you can share.

9point, I think you picked a great time to be here. With the halibut charter in the middle, you can fish silvers from the bank on the Kasilof River and the Kenai. Just depends on what you want to do and if the fish are showing up. Should be a good time to fish for reds on the upper Kenai river too. Pinks should be in the Kenai pretty heavy by then too. If you have anything wireless to stay in touch with the directory, keep it with you. Also keep an eye on www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com , it has really good first hand info on what is going on around the Kenai Peninsula. If you have questions on how folks are fishing from the bank, stop in at Trustworthy Hardware and Fishing in Soldotna. They are great people and have all the gear you need and there is always someone around to show you how to rig up.
    I personally will be on the Kasilof fishing silvers from the bank sometime during that time. Its quiet, but sometimes the bugs could carry you away, so don't forget the spray.

Thanks JTM. I was up there fishing in 08 but was doing more sightseeing since I had my wife with me. This time it is me and another guy so we plan to log in some hours. We'll be in an R.V. so hopefully the camps sights wont be so crowded then. When you say the upper Kenai do you mean at the confluence and possibly the Russian? One other question: does anyone eat pink salmon? All I've read sounds like nobody eats them? Thanks again