Thread: Is there anywhere to take my family fishing near palmer/wasilla sept 2-8?

Default Is there anywhere to take my family fishing near palmer/wasilla sept 2-8?

I was wondering if there is anywhere to take my family fishing near palmer or wasilla from sept 2-8th? I s there any salmon around still or any good trout fishing? I have 2 little girls 2 and 3 years old so it probably have to be bank fishing with a guide. If anybody out there knows of anyone who could help us I would really appreciate any advice you could give.
    thaks so much
    andy

Silvers & grayling on Willow & Deshka rivers & Little Sue (this last one has Dolly Varden then too). Plenty of fun.

well if I was you I would check out jim creek, it would save you from having to get a guide, or go to the little su, the "my creek trial" is a good producer around that time, and it is an easy trail that isn't long of a hike.

It should be ok on any of the parks streams. late silvers and trout should be good. I also like the my creek area of the little su.

Rabbit slough! (aka rabbit creek) follow the road south from trunk road intersection @ Glenn hwy.... should be able to pick em up from the end of the trail during that time frame.... better fishing if you have a canoe or small skiff

Default Got tackle? Talkeetna?

Hunterdave,

Do you have tackle for your family?

If not, my daughter and I got started flyfishing here with Chad Valentine's Denali Anglers (http://denalianglers.com/) in Talkeetna years ago. TriRiver (http://tririvercharters.com/) also offers guided fishing up that way.

I don't have experience with any guide services closer.

Good luck.

We were'nt planning on bringing any tackle but we could bring a couple poles. Lat year I was in Nome and we used pixies and spoons for silver and grayling,will these work?
    thanks again,
    Andy

well if I was you I would just se a guide service, mahayes river boat service is a good bet if yoru not bringing tackle.