Thread: Wooldridge Sportjet at The Boat Shop this Sunday/Monday August 1st and 2nd

Default Wooldridge Sportjet at The Boat Shop this Sunday/Monday August 1st and 2nd

The Wooldridge Alaskan XL Sport Jet will be up at The Boat Shop Sunday August 1st and Monday August 2nd

Since a lot of you folks probably won't be able to make it on Monday, we've decided to make the boat available on Sunday as well. The schedule for Sunday is this:

I'll be there at 9am and will have the boat available in the morning to check out and take test rides...
    We will be going out boating afterwards, so, if anyone is interested in checking out the boat on Sunday let us know, send me a PM or contact Danny at The Boat Shop 452-4032.

As for Monday, we'll be there all day from open to close, 9am to 6pm

So if anyone has been interested in checking out a sport jet, this would be a great opportunity to check out the Wooldridge.....you won't be disappointed getting in this boat and experiencing the difference is the only way a guy can appreciate just how impressive this boat is....

Hope to meet a lot of you folks out there this weekend....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I'll see you Monday as I'll be in Wasilla on Sunday for a baseball tournament this weekend.

Glen asked if I'd bring the new Super Sport Drifter by, so I'll drop it off in the morning and be around as much as work allows. It'll be a good opportunity for folks to see some of the custom stuff that Wooldridge can do.

Looking forward to checking out/drooling over the XL SJ & meeting you as well, see you then!

Monday my wife and I are flying to Fairbanks to spend some time with friends at their cabin. Our plane lands at 2:20 we should be at the Boat Shop by 3:00 and be there till 6:00. Looking forward to being at there and meeting people. Glen Wooldridge

You guys should really go check out TJM'S boat If you are in the Fairbanks area. I have rode in it and it is everything he says it is and more. With Glen Wooldridge there that's even a bigger bonus almost like visiting the factory. Even if you are not interested in the SJ XL I bet you could get a ride in a Alaskan 17 or 20 that just may be in the water.

We are canceling the demo on Sunday the 1st due to lack of interest. We will be out boating, if you see us on the river come over and say hi....

We will be at The Boat Shop all day on Monday the 2nd still.......
    pull my finger....

That sucks. Of all the places it would really shine and nobody wants to see it

Sucks, I’m on the slope or I would be there. All the rivers are pretty high in the fairbanks area. I would suggest running up to 50 mile Chena hot springs road. Put into the north fork and head down stream about 1/2 mile to the middle fork and then go up river. It's a nice run with great scenery and you might find some skinny stuff to run.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    We will be out boating, if you see us on the river come over and say hi....
    I was out on the river all day and never spotted you?????

Well I checked it out and it looks good. No idea if it floats as it was not in the water and the owner was out to lunch.

I took a ride in it. Very nice boat.. Wish I could afford to upgrade! Hrmmm, need to tell the wife I HAVE to have a new boat!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
    I took a ride in it. Very nice boat.. Wish I could afford to upgrade! Hrmmm, need to tell the wife I HAVE to have a new boat!
    Is yours insured? If so then plan a day on the water either alone or with a trusted buddy and it can have an "unfortunate accident". No I am not saying sink your boat or commit fraud. Just quietly sell it, then hang onto the money for the sale for a couple days before depositing it telling the wife that it is the insurance money. Be really heartbroken and lament all your blown plans for the summer. Play that out for a week or two until she feels bad for you. Then mention that Wooldridge boats just started producing the perfect boat for the local rivers. Add to that how you read a thread online about guys putting heated seats in them and how much more comfortable she would be out on the water with a nice warm fanny (women love a warm butt, something is wrong with their systems and they don't seem to be able to heat them on their own, don't believe me? Spend a fall day fishing/camping with a woman then hop in a 2 person bag with her. No that is not a draft or a chunk of glacier ice in there, that's her arse!!). Next mention how you have that insurance money for a down payment and you should be well on your way to new boat bliss.... Just DON'T GET CAUGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Play that out for a week or two until she feels bad for you.
    Took three months before my wife felt bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumm View Post
    Took three months before my wife felt bad for me.
    hmmm, well I hope they were Jan-March!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    hmmm, well I hope they were Jan-March!
    May, June and July of 2009

After seeing the XL in action yesterday, I was impressed. It was great meeting Toshiro in person, and know now that the next time I take a boat ride with him to wear a raincoat and hood...even when there's not a cloud in the sky. The back seat of my boat was definitiely in the "splash zone."

well it was a good day....we had a pretty good turn out and I enjoyed BS'ing with everyone that stopped by...sorry if I missed anyone....

I do want to say thanks to the guys at The Boat Shop....they've taken great care of me since 2006...they showed me a good time last weekend and even tinkered a bit with my boat for me....if you've got a sport jet, Danny in service is definitely your man to keep it going....

thanks again everyone, see you on the river....
    pull my finger....

I was out on the river all day and never spotted you?????
    I was boating out of Delta....

Well I checked it out and it looks good. No idea if it floats as it was not in the water and the owner was out to lunch.
    hey, a mans gotta' eat

Quote Originally Posted by Ellamar View Post
    next time I take a boat ride with him to wear a raincoat and hood...even when there's not a cloud in the sky. The back seat of my boat was definitiely in the "splash zone."
    your boat was D@mn nice!....I really enjoyed dinking around in it....perhaps we can work out some sort of 'shared custody' deal with our boats....you know, month on month off sort of deal....we'd just swap every month or so....

and the issue with splashing you guys...I just don't think I was going fast enough, I promise not to make that mistake again....
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    I was boating out of Delta....
    That's where I was.

downsized_0802001737 e.jpg I just got back to the office yesterday. My wife and i had a great relaxing trip to the Clearwater. I want to thank Toshiro for bringing the boat to Fairbanks and all of the people and old friends who came out to say hi and see the boat.

Glen

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Wooldridge View Post
    downsized_0802001737 e.jpg I just got back to the office yesterday. My wife and i had a great relaxing trip to the Clearwater. I want to thank Toshiro for bringing the boat to Fairbanks and all of the people and old friends who came out to say hi and see the boat.

Glen
    Was good to meet you too Glen - it was a real treat to have you take "the boss" and I for a spin towards the end of the day.