Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love old hunting pictures

Default I love old hunting pictures

I appropriate them from all manner of sources.
    Here is one I really like:Attachment 36935

And here is another that I think I got from this site:
    Attachment 36936

Here's yet another that seems to have one of the same guys as in the trackster (and BTW, one of the guys in the vehicle looks a lot like Hal Waugh):
    Attachment 36937

The Trackster Photo was taken off the Petersville Road. I know two of the guys in the photo.

The other is Hal W. before he went senile. After he got his hunting in and was done, he like Roosevelt, wanted the area locked up. He was successful in getting areas closed to motorized hunting, like the Clearwater Controlled Use Area. A real slug of a guy.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Gotta say, I don't share your opinion of Waugh. I believe him to have been the consummate ethical guide (and I'm not a big fan of guides). I have never heard that he had dementia. I believe he died planning to continue guiding, but from complications of the flu.

Anyway, I'd love to see more old pictures if anyone has some... even the 70s would be cool.

Old hunting pics? I thought there'd be a lot of pictures of Sayak.

The first pic entitled Valdez moose sure looks like Denali Park road about 10 miles in.....
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Alas, Sayak has no pictures of Sayak's hunting trips. My hunting partner from Dillingham was always the recorder of our trips on the Wood River lakes, and the Nushagak. I believe he took pictures of all our quarries over a ten year period. I have lost touch with him and all the photos of our hunts if he still has them. Rather sad, really. Now I use my cell, to record fish, birds, etc. I got my first moose in years last September but the little forker taken in my yard didn't seem to merit a picture (but it sure tastes great!).

How about you KTKN? You're about half a century older than me and should have lots of shots of bear and blacktail kills from the 50s upward.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Alas, Sayak has no pictures of Sayak's hunting trips. My hunting partner from Dillingham was always the recorder of our trips on the Wood River lakes, and the Nushagak. I believe he took pictures of all our quarries over a ten year period. I have lost touch with him and all the photos of our hunts if he still has them. Rather sad, really. Now I use my cell, to record fish, birds, etc. I got my first moose in years last September but the little forker taken in my yard didn't seem to merit a picture (but it sure tastes great!).

How about you KTKN? You're about half a century older than me and should have lots of shots of bear and blacktail kills from the 50s upward.:-)
    I haven't digitized all of my pics from my Brownie yet.

Believe we have some kinda hunting pics with Sayak on the Petroglyph site in Wrangell. Yep 3rd from left has to be Hal a damm good man.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Believe we have some kinda hunting pics with Sayak on the Petroglyph site in Wrangell. Yep 3rd from left has to be Hal a damm good man.
    Rep coming your way Amigo. lol

Well, Considerin' that you Ket, were in the caves of the Neaderthals, as they were paintin' them in the neolithic age, huntin' the great horned bison, & Wholly Mammoths... :P

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Rep coming your way Amigo. lol
    Hey KTKN-
    Hal Waugh died in the Ketchikan hospital, ironically enough.

Well guys, I see lots of snide remarks (some at my expense), which is fair turnabout, but no pictures from any of you. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Hey KTKN-
    Hal Waugh died in the Ketchikan hospital, ironically enough.

Well guys, I see lots of snide remarks (some at my expense), which is fair turnabout, but no pictures from any of you. Hmmm...
    I remember reading that in one of the stories about him.

I posted the track rig pic a few years ago a friend of mine now owns the rig and the pic came with it. The reason I posted it was to show that in the 60's the leaves were on the trees and moose antlers were rubbed. So the thought that the falls were warm
    mer than they used to be was bogus. It's a great pic.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

A cool picture from a local book showing the Fatherinlaw in the 50's comming to Noorvik for freezeup. Not a "Hunting picture", but the man never stopped hunting, only slept.
    Told me there could be no Heaven for him if it didnt have Hunting.

If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Great picture SIASL! I wish it was bigger though. The old native folks only knew one main concept: survival. Everything revolved around getting one thing or another from the land at any given time of the year. Those people were made of iron. There are but a few of them left.

Not just the land, there sayak...but the Ocean too...

Clik the pic, Sayak. It grows......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Not just the land, there sayak...but the Ocean too...
    Iii, nunami; taugam, kuigmi, nanvarmi, imarpik-llu. (or something like that. I gotta brush up on my Eskeemo).

I thought I'd throw in a few more (even though one isn't a hunting pic):Attachment 37137Attachment 37136
    The trout one is sure to make AKPM crap his pants! I wonder if anyone can identify what part of Kenai Lake "Wild Bill" dropped his bull on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast